Tai and Zhou Ru

It had been several days since he had stumbled on the scroll, and no matter how many ways he looked at it in the hope that he could bring a peaceful resolution, he could not find a way out of the mess he had found himself in.

And to make matters worse, Ai's pregnancy was causing some concern.  Her morning sickness was already upon her and being 3 months into it already, a small bump was already beginning to show.  But thankfully, after Chang Li arrived with a tonic to help her through it, the nausea was soon dealt to quickly, but her temper was shortened.

She snapped at everything, and with a wedding almost upon them, Jie felt it was best to give her some space by spending more time with his crew finishing off the last of Tai and Zhou Rus home..  He didn't want her to over exert her emotions as it would be harmful to herself and the baby, which only increased her temper tantrums.  She wanted him with her all the time, but when he was there, she yelled at him, and on occasion, picked up items and threw them at him.

And because neither of them had informed Tai and Meili of the pregnancy, they thought they were just having another one of their fights, so ignored them completely.  Which was just as well, because if they had found out she was pregnant, Tai may have attacked Jie.  He adored Ai, and would do anything to protect her, and to see her pregnant, knowing she would have to return to her own world alone and with a baby, he would have completely lost all reason.

Though secretly, Ai was glad for the space he gave them, it gave her a chance to talk more freely with Chang Li, who returned regularly, to discuss their return to the Immortal World and what they had planned for Mount Cang Wu and the child.

"You know, you won't be able to hide your pregnancy for much longer." her brother said with a concerned look.  Having spent their initial married years in solitude, away from her friends, the wedding had brought them all together again, so hiding the pregnancy was paramount.  Being a time of suspicion and where evil omens were a common theme, they could not risk bringing the wrath of the town on their heads, because an old pregnant woman would bound to bring all kinds misfortune on them all.

Laughing, she quickly ducked her head down.  "Actually I can. My appetite has increased quite a bit, and with the help of a little magic, I'll just put on a bit of extra weight, no one will know the difference." she smiled up at him, then seeing the look of horror on his face, she laughed even louder.  "Oh come on Zhen  Zhen, look at the other women my age, they are all rotund, it is normal for a woman my age to gain weight." she said still laughing at his shocked stare.

"But you'll need to be obese to hide it, we Immortals carry large." he said stunned.

"We? Zhen Zhen?" she asked giggling at his slip.  "Don't worry, I have a plan that will work.  Of course I will need to put on a bit of weight, but with a little extra magic, the pregnancy can be hidden behind a thick barrier.  Only an Immortal will see it." she said 

"But you'll need to use more magic than normal, and it's too risky." he warned.

"That's why I am going to put on weight Zhen Zhen." she said laughing before flicking his brow with her finger.  "It will mean I won't need to use as much." which he finally agreed, it would work, though he suggested she use the absolute minimum energy in her spell, so as not to cause any ill affects on the child.

"Don't worry, I won't, it will be just enough to hide the bump." She said before moving onto the rest of their plan.

"Have the invitations been sent out?" she asked grinning.

Nodding, he smiled.  Yes they have, though Mother and Father are not too happy, they fully understand, and have agreed to assist where they can." he said smiling.  Though three days notice is a bit of a push for some Xiao Wu, many may not be able to witness it." he said.  "But the important ones will make it." he added smiling.