two.

Keith

It was now lunch time and Mrs. Ellis gives us the choice to stay in her room, or go to the cafeteria to eat. I lie and say I'm going to the cafeteria, but actually I up to the garden on our roof.

It's so beautiful and peaceful in there. Sometimes I would go and just store at the flowers before or after school. I wish life was this beautiful...

I pull out my lunch box grabbing the sandwich my mom made me. She makes my lunches cause she claims that when she let me do it I was throwing junk in there. To be honest I don't like eating just vegetables I need some sweets and junk too. Look at me I'm a teenage boy.

I was sitting down admiring the flowers around me. The sunflowers remind me so much of Teegans beauty. She is just so pretty it has my mind going crazy, but she will never go out with a guys like me.

I hear the door open, not caring because obviously they are not here to fuck with me. No one knows that I'm up here.

" Is this seat taken?"

I look up and see the goddess herself looking beautiful as ever. It's like she doesn't even try. I shake my head no and move my backpack, so she could have a spot to sit at. She takes off her backpack setting her lunch tray on her lap, I watch her every move.

" Hey Keith ", she smiles.

" Hi ", I look down pushing up my glasses.

" How are you feeling?"

" I'm f-f-fine."

" Just fine?"

" Yeah. U-u-usually I'm f-f-feeling ok."

" Oh. When's the last time you were happy?"

" When I was t-t-ten."

" What happened when you were ten?"

" My ma and I took a road t-t-trip to Kansas and she took me to a s-s-sunflower field.

Teegan

I make a note of that.

" Is the sunflower your favorite flower?"

" Yeah ", he mumbled.

" Me too."

" I mean it fits you b-b-because you are as b-b-beautiful as them...no more."

No one has ever complimented me like that before.

" Keith you are a very sweet guy. Your girlfriend must be lucky."

" I don't h-h-have one."

He was looking down messing with his pants. I look at his whole outfit, this kid has style.

" How come?"

" No girl w-w-wants to d-d-date the retard kid."

" Don't ever call yourself that. You are not stupid and don't let people manipulate you of thinking that."

" Yes ma'am."