twenty six.

Teegan

Today is the big day. After Keith and I came back from California, it was time for us to take our SAT. I had faith in Keith because we've been practicing so he should be good. He did tell me that he was nervous and didn't finish some answers on the reading portion, but he just bubbled random answers to boost his chances. We were in different rooms, so I know he was panicking a little bit. I walk over to Keith's house with my envelope tapping it against my palm. I see Keith standing at his mail box doing the same thing. He was standing in sweat, a wife beater, slides, and he had his glasses on. I wrap my arms from behind him snuggling into his back. He turns around smiling down at me.

" Hey babe."

" Hey baby ", I kiss his lips.

We walk inside and head upstairs to his bedroom. Sitting down on the bed, I look at Keith and he sits in his roller chair at his desk. We both stare at each other with the envelopes in our hands.

" On the count of three we rip them open. One...two...three."

We start tearing the packinging pulling out the paper. I got a 1540 which I was very satisfied and happy with. Keith stared at his paper. He takes his glasses off rubbing his hands how his face.

" Babe what's wrong?"

He hands me the paper and I don't see what the problem is. Then I see his reason scores.

" Baby you did good, your writing comprehension score is high and you got a perfect score of the math section with and without a calculator. Keith this is amazing."

" No body wants to college students who can't read."

" Don't let this bring you down, you can take the test again until you satisfied with your score."

He gets up and starts pacing around the room.

" Look on the bright side-"

" Teegan shut the hell up! There is no bright side. Can't you see that! No college wants a dumbass retard kid as a future alumni. I can barely read ten pages, so how in the hell am I going to read a damn textbook for a class. I can't believe I let you manipulate me into thinking I can really get into college. The reason why I didn't want to go to college is because I was protecting myself so I wouldn't have to experience the pain of being turned down. I'm sorry little miss princess that I don't have a daddy who will get me any car I want because I have the brain like a prodigy."

I look down wiping the tears that had fallen from my face. I can't believe that he said something like this. Things were going so good....now I know how he really feels. I play with my engagement ring looking up at Keith. His face soften when he sees the tears streaming down my face. I take the ring off, but put it back on my finger.

" If that's how you really feel Keith...im going home."

I grab my papers walking downstairs to see Mr. and Mrs. Powers downstairs. They look at me as I wipe my tears away. I rush out of the door running back home.

~ ~ ~

I park into Keith's driveway putting my car in park. I make sure my princess Layla buns are in place and fix my costume. Just as I was about to knock on the door, Keith had on a Han Solo outfit on.

" Teegan hey."

" Hey Keith, I want to put the situation to the side so we can enjoy the convention together ", I smile.

" Keith are you ready to g-"

I look behind Keith to see Sasha Parish in the same costume as me. I break down running back to my car.

" Teegan! Teegan wait!"

I hop inside my car and pull out of his driveway. Yanking the pins out my hair falls past my shoulders. I pull into the spot where we would hang out at in the woods and put the car in park. Resting mg head on the steering wheel, I just cry my eyes out. What did I do to deserve this? All I did was try to help him and this is how he repays me. I look in the backseat and see my laptop. Taking it out of the bag I hook up my drive, so I can edit my college application.