twenty nine.

Teegan

Today is a very special and important day. It's applications deadline day for most colleges around the country and its the day that we are let out for Christmas break.

Things with Keith and I are going good. The prime t has brought us closer together and I would have to thank our teacher for that.

I send in my application to the last college before closing my laptop. It's the last hour of the day meaning that I'm in me a. Ellis class tutoring Keith. He hands me his reading questions from his reading passage. He's not making progress at a fast pace that Mrs. Ellis wants him to, but at least he's making some.

I grade his paper and he missed half of the questions, but that's good because he missed all questions the day before.

" You missed half of the question...thats So good baby?"

" Really? That's a fifty though."

" I know, but you did better than you did yesterday."

" I guess so ", he smiles.

I give him a hug rubbing his back. I help read through a different stories by running my pen over the words. Whenever he would say a word wrong, he corrects himself and keeps pushing. He doesn't give up like he usually does, and I'm proud of him.

The last bell rings and Keith grabs my stuff and his. Before we leave we give Mrs. Ellis a hug wishing her an early merry Christmas and a happy New Year. By the time we get out to the parking lot everyone left.

" I guess other people are excited about the break too."

Keith and I get into the car driving off to his house.

~ ~ ~

We walk in to see our parents talking and laughing eith wine on the table.

" Hey guys."

" Hey mom and dad."

" How was school?"

" School was school ", I nod my head.

" Ok, well dis you two submit your applications for college."

" Yes."

" No."

I look at Keith as he looks down to the ground.

" And why not Keith?"

" Because I don't want to go to college."

" Keith you were so excited when got your new SAT scores ", his father said.

" Yeah that was until I opened the envelope. My reading scores didn't improve. I still got a perfect score on math and my writing went up a little bit. I'm still want to go to college through."

" So what do you plan to do ", his father asked.

" I don't know maybe work in the garage with you. I already know what I'm doing, I don't need to go to school."