thirty three

Keith

So far Teegan has not been doing so well. She us an emotional wreck and I do not blame her.

The other day she told me that it was her fault that we lost our baby. I broke down, I can't believe my girlfriend feels this way. I try to make her understand that maybe right now was not our time and that we should wait after college like we've planned.

I drove to the store to get her some of her favorite foods and picked up a movie for us to watch. I ring the doorbell then stuff my hands in my pocket to them warm. Teegan opens the door in a Christmas sweater and jeans with her hair in two braids.

" Hey baby ", I smile.

" Hey ", she kisses me on the lips.

I give her a bear hug kissing the top of her head. Closing the door behind me, I lock it making my way to the kitchen to set all of this food down. Teegan came in taking the Chick Fil A and the gallon on lemonade I got.

" How have you been feeling lately?"

" I've been feeling good."

" Come here."

" Why?"

" Just come here ", I smile.

She hesitantly walks over to me and I pull her wrist a little bit.

" What?"

I give her a kiss on the lips. We pull apart and she hides her face with her hands.

" There's that smile I've been missing."

" I love you Keith. Thank you for everything."

" Anything for you baby girl."

I kiss her lips multiples times then pick her up placing my hands on her ass. We make it into her bedroom and I gently sit her down on the bed.

" So do you want to watch The Grinch That Stole Christmas or Elf?"

" The Grinch ", she smiles.

I place the disc in and crawl into the bed slipping under the blanket with her. She moves closer to me placing her head on my chest.

" Keith I found the present."

" What present?"

" The stuff you were going to give to our baby. I saw everything, the bibs, diapers, onsies,etc."

" Teegan-"

" It's all my fault ", she cries.

" Baby look at me."

She raise her head off my chest wiping the tears off her face. I place both if my hands on her cheeks staring into her eyes.

" Baby it is not your fault ok. We are too young and still have a life to live.  Layer in life we will have a baby I promise you that. Right now let's finish high school and become financially stable before bringing a baby into this world okay?"

" Okay ", she sniffles.

" I love you Tete."

" I love you too Keith."

We lay back against the pillows to continue watching The Grinch.

▪ ▪ ▪

Teegan

I was sitting on the counter swinging my legs as I watch Keith make hot chocolate for the both of us. I pick the loose strings of my ugly Christmas sweater that stopped right above my knees.

Today I'm feeling a little better since Keith came over.

It's been tough over coming the situation, but I can not be hard on myself. I have a few years ahead of our lives to try again.

Keith hands me my cup and I thank him.

He steps in between my legs taking a sip of his drink before placing it on the counter stop. Keith begins to rub my thighs under my sweater smiling like a little kid.

" Keith stop."

" Why ", he smiles.

" Because I said so ", I smile back.

He kiss my lips resting his forehead on mine.

" I'm glad you're back to the Tete I fell in love with."