fourty.

Keith

I was walking back and forth in my dressing room trying to run down my vows in my head. Pulling on the piece of paper in my pocket to make sure I had hit all my pinpoints.

To be honest I am very nervous. I'm about to be a married man, starting college, just starting life in general, but I know I'm going to be happy about it in the end. With me not having that many friends in school, I asked a few of my cousins to be apart of my groomsmen party and I was so happy that they accepted. I was kind of scared because Teegan had asked a couple of her friends from her old school so that kind of made me nervous, but she helped me out and I love her for that.

A knock hits my door and my cousin Curtis walks in fixing his suit jacket.

"You ready?"

"Yeah I'm just nervous."

"I mean I would be too if I was marrying somebody as fine as Teegan."

I laugh it off fixing the bow tie on my tux. Just graduated high school and I'm about to get married...all of this is still too surreal.

Teegan

"Awe Teegan everything is going to be alright stop crying before you ruin your makeup", Keith's mom was telling me as my mom cuddled me in her chest.

"I know I just love him so much."

Everyone laughs at my comment giving me hugs so I can calm down. My mom gets a couple of tissues patting my face down not trying to mess up my makeup. I would say that my parents went all out for this wedding from my dress to the church we are having it at. My parents got married in a Catholic Church due to my grandparents, and they wanted me and Keith to do the same as my parents. Keith and his family were totally ok with it and understand the tradition and values my grandparents have for generations moving forth. A knock plays on my door and my dad stick his head in.

"Babygirl are you ready?"

"Yeah I'm ready", I smile.

"You sure because there's no turning back", he smiles.

"I think it's kind of too late to back out with a wedding like this." 

"You know what you're right."

Everyone in the room laughs kind of easing my nerves a little bit. The wedding planner comes in with her headset and clipboard smiling really hard.

"Ok everyone time to take your places!"

Keith

All the bridesmaid and my groomsmen walked down the aisle and now I was just waiting for my Teegan to come out. The music begins to play and my heart drops to my feet.

The doors open and I see Mr. Barnes and Teegan's arms linked together. Although I can't really see her through the vail she looks stunning. I really couldn't help it and just let the waterworks flow. My cousin slips me a tissue that he must've had in his pocket just incase. I use it to dab my eyes but the tears just keep coming out. I give the tissue back to him and just continue to cry because I can't help it. She finally makes her way and the bishop begins the ceremony.

• • •

It was finally time to say our own vows and I asked if I could go first. Teegan smiles through her veil as a tear slips from her eye.

"Where do I start...I love you I love you so much. I just want to thank you for just believing in me. You were my first friend I made while I was in high school and helped me through my disabilities and made me change my life around. From the moment I met you I knew that you are the one who is going to be my wife and the mother of our children. Yes I said children....I j- I j-."

"It's ok remember to take your time", she smiles

Keith was embarrassed at the fact that he started stuttering which is something he hasn't done in months.

"Ok I'm going to stop before I start crying and stuttering."

"Ms. Teegan your vows."

"What can I say, Keith you have made this past year of my life so amazing I thank you for that. You have always been my protector since the first day of school and I love the fact that you opened up and let me in because I know that was hard for you. I love you so much there aren't enough words to explain it....oooo lord I'm about to start crying. I just can't wait to see what the future holds for us and I know we are young but I know you're the man I want to spend the rest of my life with."

I didn't even realize I was crying until Teegan's thing wiped my tears away.

• • •

"By the power invested in me and the state of California, Mr. Powers you may now kiss your bride."

"Shoot you don't have to tell me twice."

I remove the veil off my baby's face and smash our lips together with my hands around her waist. We run down the aisle as everyone cheers and head off to the limo to head to the reception.

• • •

It was close to the end of the party and I was sitting next to Teegan at our table watching everybody have a good time. I'm thankful for both of our parents for coming through for all of this. I can not wait to look at all of the pictures when we get them.

"I love you Keith."

"I love you too babe."

I bring her hand to my mouth kissing the top of it.

"Ok before we shut down the party we are going to slow it down a little bit and invite all the love ones to come out to the dance floor.

I bring my wife out to the dance for to slow down our night.