twenty two

Wanted to update because I didn't want to get you guys waiting💞

Teegan

I was completely shocked. I am lost for words. I grab Keith's hoodie slipping it over my naked body and hand him his shirt and underwear. My brain is so puzzled right now, I don't know what to do or say. I climb back into the drivers seat leaving Keith in the back. I quickly reverse our of the parking space speeding out of the lot.

~ ~ ~

I close my eyes as I sat on my beach towel. The beach always looks more beautiful at night to me. I remember all the times my dad would drive out to San Francisco to go to this beach. He said it has a good place in his heart because it was the beach he met my mother at, where I was conceived, and where my mom went into labor. That's probably why I love the ocean so much.

I drove out here because I need a minute to think about everything. Is marriage something I really want right now? I mean we haven't even been together for a year yet. I really love Keith, but I just don't know.

The noise of the car door echoes through the beach. Keith walks over to me carefully laying down on the blanket. He scoots over laying his back against my chest. My arms wrap around his neck from behind rubbing his chest.

" Baby I'm sorry for scaring you back there. I should be known that popping the question was too soon. We are still young...we haven't graduated yet. You may be upset with me, but I do not regret it because I love you my chicken nugget."

" What?"

" I called you something i love which is chicken nuggets."

I laugh at him kissing his lips. We pull away and he rubs the top of my hand.

" Yes."

" Yes I will marry you."

Keith got up and did a while dance number, it was like he wasn't even injured. Once he saw that I wasn't celebrating his face fell.

" There's a but isn't there?"

" But I don't want to get married right now and elope. It wouldn't feel right not having our family there to witness this moment. Let's just ride out this engagement for a little while and maybe we can get married after graduation."

" So is that a yes or no on marrying me?"

" Baby it's a yes."

He tackles me to the ground giving me kisses all over my face. Pulling out the box he takes out the ring sliding it down on my ring finger.

The ring is absolutely beautiful. Keith really has some good taste.

" Where did you get the money to buy a ring like this?"

" No money was involved. The ring was my great grandmothers, but ever since Grandpa Crump passed away, she stopped wearing it. She said it brought back too many memories that would make her sad all over again. One day I laid her a visit to see how she was doing and she gave it to me. She said and I quote, " Give it to that sweet girl I met at the family barbeque. I know you too will be a forever thing. The way she takes care of you is amazing...i know marrying her won't be a mistake. Marry her soon though because I want to be alive to see my great great grandbabies." "