thirty six.

Keith

I sat at the desk nervous as hell as I started at the test packet. I mean Ive already did all my applications and sent them off and all the schools said they would still accept my scores. This is the surprise I've been working on for Teegan. She thinks that I'm not going to apply when actually I've been applying all of this time. I can surprise her that I can get in and prove myself wrong, but money will be the issue.

" Alright everyone you will have sixty minutes to work on section one, I will remind you when there is five minutes remaining. I wish luck to all of you and you may begin."

I say a quick prayer in my head before opening the SAT packet to section one....the reading section.

• • •

I step out of my testing center feeling good about myself. I would say this time went better than the first time. I always good hood when it comes to math, I'm just really nervous about the reading section. God will come through he always does.

I pull my keys out of my pocket do I can just head home to my future wife.

Teegan

I was reading in my to until I heard the doorbell ring. I just shake it off knowing that one of my parents are going to open the door. I get back to my book so I can finish this chapter assignment. Keith enters my room and plops himself on my bed.

" Hey baby."

" Hi honey ", he smiles.

I put my book down on my desk and join Keith in the bed. He moves closer to my body placing his head on my chest.

" Teegan?"

" Yes Keith?"

" I love you baby girl."

" Awe I love you too. I have something to tell you."

" You're pregnant ", he smiles. 

" No sir, but you remember that essay that you wrote for me?"

" Yeah why?"

I pull out the three page essay from my night stand and hand it to him.

" It wasn't for me, Mrs. Ellis needed this to track your progress....baby you made a one hundred!"

His arms wrap around my torso as we were both excited about his grade.

Mrs. Ellis graded this months ago, but I needed it for something that's going to pay off in the end.

We lay back down and Keith's hand runs over my stomach.

" You really want me pregnant to you?"

" Yes, I think the baby fever has gotten to me."

" After college remember and we still have a wedding to plan."

He shows his toothy grin before kissing my lips.

" It was all my fault."

" What was baby?"

" The miscarriage. I mean it has to be my fault right?"

" Wait slow down what are you talking about?"

" I just don't understand because I did everything I was suppose to do...the doctor said our baby was healthy. Then we really never talked about the  situation so the guilt just keeps eating me alive and I feel like I'm the blame of why our baby didn't make it."

" Hey hey hey its ok baby it was not your fault. I'm so sorry we didn't talk about this I was just trying to give you some space. You are not alone ok there are so many mothers out there who put the blame on themselves when they did everything there were suppose to do. Also I'm still here I wasn't going to leave you then and I'm sure as hell I'm not leaving you now ok. I love you so much."

" I love you so much, thank you."

He kiss my temple numerous of times and lays back down in his previous spot.

• • •

Keith was still sleep in my lap and the only way I can work on something is to sit my laptop on his back. I pull up my applications and submit them to all my colleges and let out a sigh.

I'm finally done.

I look at Keith's essay and pull up the online scan I have saved in my laptop.

I type in the URL in the search box to pull up the website I'm looking for.

Sign up for Emigen's annual scholarship that will cover the full coast of attendance to the college of your choice. Please input your information and a personal essay with how ever many words to your liking. Thank you and good luck to you all!

I begin to type Keith's information and place his essay file into the box. I smile just thinking about how this could turn out and shut my laptop off. I snuggle myself deeper into the covers as I cuddle closer to Keith. He tightens his hold on me and gives me a kiss on the head.