eighteen

Teegan

I nervously sit by Keith as I watch him look through the tattoo binder. He close the book startling me a little bit.

" Did you find one?"

" No I d-d-dont like any of these."

" Maybe this is God telling us that we shouldn't get one."

" I s-s-still w-w-want one."

I am so nervous because I hear the stories about people getting tattoos and hoebthey gotten infections and so many more gruesome things. The fact that Keith wants to get matching ones. I'm not saying we will, but what is something in our relationship happens that we split. I don't want him to regret this. I lay my head on his shoulders watching him look through the photos that we took. He kiss my forehead making me feeling all bubbly inside.

I know that my love for Keith is genuine and that it will never die out. I am ready to get this tattoo and do not care what is going to happen in the future. I start looking through Google for ideas and one caught my eye.

" Baby what about this one?"

" I l-l-love it."

" I was thinking that instead of the digits we can put each other's birthdays in Ronan numerals instead of the date we dated. Because if we use our date anniversary we would have to add our wedding and it would look sloppy."

" You're r-r-right."

" Did you guys decide on a tattoo?"

" Yes ma'am ", I show her my phone.

" This is very cute. Are you two a couple."

" Yes we are. Is it possible that we can both get it at the same time?"

" Yes I can draw two sketches and have my sister come and do his. Where will we be getting this tattoo at tonight."

" Babe where do you want yours?"

" Back of my right s-s-shoulder please."

I could tell that he was trying really hard to not stutter, but look sad when he did.

" And for you ma'am?"

" Back of my left shoulder please and could you put our birthdays on each others in Roman numerals?"

" Already ahead of you. When are your birthdays?"

" His is August twenty second two thousand and mine is April fourteenth two thousand one."

" Ok give me about thirty to draw both sketches and I'll have you two come into the back ", she smiles.

" Thank you."

I sit down grabbing Keith's hand and he kiss the top of mine.

~ ~ ~

Keith and I went into the back to see two tables lying next to each other. We both remove our shirts and I stare at his chest.