Rumor Has It [story preview]

COPYRIGHT NOTICE. All events and ideas in this book belong to bettyboo125bo. All violators of this statement will be held responsible for any stolen material.

This story was formally known as Untold...but I changed the name.
(This is MY FIRST STORY, please give me your honest opinion. So, whether you like it, hate it, or whatever...just enjoy it.This is the first two chapters just so you can get a feel for the characters and what's going on.)

Chapter 1

"Go, honey," Dad begged while pushing me towards my friend Leisa's car. She rushed over to my house when I told her I changed my mind about not going to her party.

"You've been studying for that test all week, you're gonna do fine tomorrow," Mom explained when I was standing on the front porch.

"But I still think I need to finish--"

"What you need is a break," Dad interrupted, "so go out with your friends tonight and have fun." My dad was always good at persuading people, after all, he is the boss of an advertising company called ' The Tropic Cooperation ' also known as ' TTC '. My mother is a tv anchor for News Channel 14. By having two parents with high top careers, you'd have to be living under a rock not to know that I am the only child of Justin and Regina Turner.

I gave them boths hugs as I raced to Leisa's car. As I got in her car I yelled I Love You out the window. They were standing on the porch holding hands. My dad was an even 6 feet tall with dark brown hair cut down into a fade. My mom, on the other hand, was around 5'6 feet tall with long silky black hair that was currently in large spiral curls.

She was wearing the yellow rimstone bracelet I had brought her for her birthday a week ago, she said she'd never take it off. As we drove off, I could hear my mom yell, "We love you too, honey! See you when you get home!"

* * * * * * * * * *

I could see and hear the sirens while we sped towards my house from the party. The firefighters were still trying to put the fire out when we pulled up. An ambulance, fire trucks, police cars, and neighbors were surrounding my house like a large group of ants surrounding food. My heart began pounding as if trying to burst out of my chest as I forced my way through the crowd.

"Tracey!" I could hear Leisa yelling my name among the other whispers as I pushed through. I felt arms grabbing me trying to hold me back, but I yanked away and continued running until I stepped into the my frontyard. I could see my house clearly now, the fire distroyed most of it as the firefighters were still trying to put out the rest of it.

"MOM!!! DAD!!!!" I screamed as I started running towards the burning house. I made it halfway to the frontporch when someone grabbed me and carried me away. I kicked and screamed as the person carried towards the ambulances.

"NO! GET OFF OF ME! MY PARENTS ARE IN THERE! LET ME GO! MOM! DAD!" I cried as the tears starting pouring down my face. My heart was beating out of control as I continued trying to break free.

"Tracey, I'm sorry, but your parents, they didn't make it....." the policeman was trying to tell me, but I couldn't bare to hear it.

"NO! THEY'RE IN THERE!! LET ME GO GET THEM OUT!!! PLEASE!!!! LET ME GET THEM OUT!!!!!" I cried as the policeman held me back because he noticed the fire was finally put out. All of a sudden, paramedics came from the back of the house rolling two body bags towards the ambulance.

In the first bag, an arm was dangling out of it, it had a yellow rimstone bracelet on it. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't think, and the I felt as though my heart had stopped. I searched my mind for the picture of them standing on the porch waving goodbye to me, because that was the last time I'll see my parents again.