Ch. 4

Chapter 4

"So, how well did you and Andrew make up last night?" It was Sunday afternoon and the sun was shining at it's best. Because yesterday was the longest night of my life, I slept in. I was sitting at the counter eating a bowl of Cap'n Crunch when Yvette finally came downstairs.

She shhhed me as though I was yelling in her ears. "No, we didn't do anything if that's what you mean," she seemed a little grunchy when she said it.

"What? No action?" I laughed in a sarcastic surprised.

Apparentally she didn't get the joke, because she gave me a smugg look before rolling her eyes. "Oh please," she mumbled, still whispering, "he just kept going on and on about that Keisha girl, and how he really likes her, and how he doesn't want to hurt her, and blah blah blah blah blah."

"Who's Keisha?"

"You know, his girlfriend." she made quotations marks with her finger as she said girlfriend. I started laughing again.

"I thought her name was Tasha?" I corrected, imitating her quotations marks with my fingers when I said Tasha. "And why are you whispering?" I questioned. She coldly looked at me again. She walked over closer to me, so she can make her whisper lower.

"Because," she whispered. "I'm mad right now, and if I get as loud as I wanna be, it'll wake him up and then he'll want to know why I'm yelling, and then I'll have to make up some crazy story about how it's all your fault, and ugh! Where was all this loyalty stuff when he cheated on me?" Her voice got louder with each word she spoke. I was kind of glad she got to the point where she could joke about their situation now.

She was right about waking up Andrew, because he came walking into the kitchen looking disturbed. He looked at Yvette, then at me, then back at Yvette. "Good morning ladies," he greeted us before taking a seat beside me at the counter.

"So, Yvette tells me that you two didn't do anything last night," I mentioned to Andrew before I headed to the frontroom with my cereal.

A slight smile crept up onto his face, while Yvette turned her back to hide her embarassment. I made sure I was out out sight, but not out of hearing range, it was something I was good at. "Look Vetty, I really like Tasha, okay. And I'm not sure if we should go down that road again, at least not yet," he assured her while she kept her back towards him and nodded in agreement.

"Aren't you gonna say anything?" he asked while getting up and cautiously walking towards her. She didn't say anything. "Aren't you gonna insult her, or say something negative?" he asked, inching closer. She didn't say anything. "You gotta say something," he insisted. She turned around to face him.

"I hope she makes you happy."

"What?" he seemed surprised and confused as he looked anxiously around the room. "Am I being punked?"

"No," she continued. "You said you didn't wanna go down that road again, and I absolutely agree. I wish you and Tanya the best."

"It's Tasha."

"Oh, I know. But remembering would take effort and interest, and I could care less about the slut."

He let out a sigh of relief as he moved in closer to her. "There she is," he sighed and laughed.

"There who is?" Yvette asked curiously.

Andrew put his hands on her face as he pulled her face closer to his and whispered, "My Vetty." Then he gently laid his lips on hers.

My phone rung and I was excited to hear his voice. "What are you doing?" I lodged out on the sofa while I listened to his melonic voice.

"Nothing worth talking about? What about you?" I was laying on my back now, looking up at the customized ceiling fan.