Ch. 9

Chapter 9

"Andrew! I thought you broke up with Tasha?!" The background was getting louder, so I shouted so he could here me. James looked at me curiously, wondering what I was talking about.

"I did the other day!" He shouted vaguely. I tilted my head back and let out a loud sigh.

There's too much happening in one day. "Okay, where do you live?" I asked while opening my car door. James looked at me with impatience, he seemed eager to kiss me again.

"In Brentlin Condos on Greener Avenue. It's seventh floor, room 506," he answer with a rush.

That left me even more uncertain. "Brentlin Condos on Greener Avenue? I don't even know where that is," I confessed. James looked as though he was thinking about something, then he looked at me and said, "I know where that is." I could hear Andrew on the other end asking if I were still coming.

"Okay Andrew, I have a map," I said while looking at James. "I'll be there as soon as I can!" I yelled so he could here me. We left my car in the parking lot and took James' car.

Before I knew it, we were entering the front entrance of Brentlin Condos. It was a very tall building that looked like it had about ten floors. When we got inside, everything was so perfectly organized and spaced the perfect distance about. There were plants all around for decoration, giving it a forest look, with brown wood floors and forest green funiture.

I looked to my right to find a long hall with a sign above it saying Gym & Pool Area. James pulled the side area of my shirt and pointed towards the nearest elevator. Seven, 506...seven, 506...seven, 506. I kept repeating it in my head as we made our way onto an elevator.

I pressed the seventh floor and waiting anxiously. James must've noticed because he put his hand on my shoulder to try and relax me. As soon as the doors opened, I speed walked until I found room 506, where I also found the shouting.

"He doesn't want you anymore, move on!" Yvette was yelling at Tasha.

"I'm not going anywhere!" Tasha yelled back when Andrew answered my knock. When he saw me, he seemed relieved. Yvette, glanced at me, then did a double glance at James, and suspicion rose on her face. But it quickly dissappeared when she put her focus back onto Tasha.

Tasha was wearng a mini skirt with a shirt two sizes too smal that read EVERYONE WANTS MY GOODIES. "Can someone tell me what's going on in here?" I asked curiously while James shut the door behind us.

Tasha looked at me with suspense, but it quickly vanished. "I'll tell you what's going on," she began. "I came over to reason with Andrew, instead, I find him kissing this, this...boyfriend stealing whore!"

"Whore?! Somebody better get this girl before I--" Yvette started walking towards Tasha, fists balled, but I intervened.

"Okay okay, everyone just calm down. Obviously you still like Andrew, or else you would've come back here," I began reasoning with Tasha.

I noticed James take a seat at the bar to the left of me. Since he and Andrew don't know each other, he didn't want to come further into the house, so he stayed near the door. "Oh, he still likes me too. He just won't admit it infront of y'all," she reassured me.

I looked at Andrew, who was obviously irritated with her comment. "See, this why I broke up with you! It's not becuase I liked Yvette, it's because you never listen to me! You always have to be right! Well not now, and I don't like you Tasha, not anymore," he replied back.

"Oh yes, you do--" Tasha began until Yvette interrupted.

"Oh no bitch, he doesn't!," she yelled, imitating Tasha.

"Look Andrew," Tasha turned to face Andrew. "You don't understand. I'm the dumper, not the dumpee. Okay, guys don't break up with me, I break up with guys. So this relationship isn't over until I say it's over, got it?!"

"Well, you kinda just said 'it's over'," Andrew explained to her.

"That one doesn't count!" she shrieked when she realized what he meant. I could hear James in my left ear, chuckling under his breath. I gave him a 'not now' look for him to stop. Once he finally pulled himself together he whispered sorry and covered his mouth with his hands, to prevent his laughter from growing louder.

"So let me get this straight," I began to sort everything out. "You,"-I pointed at Tasha-"You came over here to talk to Andrew." Tasha nodded her head in agreement, Yvette rolled her eyes, and Andrew rubbed his head with fustration.

"Well," Yvette started, "you're trip was kind've pointless."

Tasha looked at Yvette with hatred in on her face. Andrew stepped closer to Tasha and said, "I think you should go." Tasha backed away from Andrew like he had a contagious disease. She threw her hands in the air like she was surrendering.

"Okay! Fine!" she yelled to everyone in the room. "Andrew....I don't ever want to see you again! It's over!" Tasha yelled at Andrew before slamming the door behind her.

Five seconds later, the door swung open again and Tasha yelled, "And this time it counts!" She looked at James with interest, winked, then slammed the door....again.

James finally let out his laugh and said, "Does anyone else think she's hilarious?"

I went to the back room and called Yvette to follow me. I was about to ask her about how this all got started, but she beat me to her question. "Why is James here? Are you two back together?" she seemed like she wanted to ask more, but she let it go.

"We've just came to an understanding, it's no big deal," I reassured her.

She leaned her head out the door frame to see if James and Andrew were listening in on us; they weren't. "No big deal? This is a very big deal! You two are back in business," she shouted in a whisper. We could hear James and Andrew in the front room laughing and talking about how crazy Tasha was, so we started to head back where they were.

"Guys get along so easily," Yvette stated when we made it to the door frame.

James stood up when he seen us come back. "We better get going, I left my car at Nina's Cafe'," I informed them before hugging them, James and I left. As we were driving along the street, James kept chuckling under his breath. "What's so funny?" I asked curiously. He shook his head, but eventually said, "And we thought Porsha was had problems?"

When we got back to the cafe', it was even more crowded then when we had left. I grabbed the door handle and was about to open it, until James gently pulled my arm so that we were facing each other.He slowly moved his face close to mine, brushing his lips across mine. I closed my eyes as our lips touched, this time with more power, yet still so gentle.

Our tongues moved in unison as the kiss deepend. We pulled away to take a breath. James had pure lust in his eyes as he softly licked his bottom lip. I smiled and put my hand back on the door handle. "So we're good, right?" He asked while I opened my door. I looked at him and found him looking at me with a worried expression.

"After that? Of course," I answered. He nodded his head and chuckled in agreement before I got out and headed to my car.

He beeped his horn before driving away. When I reached my car, I noticed William driving down the parking lot, heading towards the street. He was driving a ocean blue 2009 Ford Mustang. When he saw me looking, he stopped his car behind mine, blocking my way out.

He rolled down his window with a smile. "You know, you stare at me a lot. If I didn't know any better I'd say you like me, Tracey," he said sarcastically when his window was fully down. I opened my mouth to disagree, but he rolled up his window and drove off.