Ch. 23

[AN: I know what you lovely fans are thinking...she's so amazingly awesome for uploading so soon! The truth is, I'm excited about what I have planed and I know that if I'M excited the hopefully you all are too? So here it is Chapter 23...please vote and/or comment...xoxo]

Chapter 23

I just left my house and now heading over to James'. I had spoken to Yvette about everything that's been happening, and even though I'm the wrong one, she still hates James for not letting me explain, I guess that's what family is for? I packed some clothes and bathroom things into a yellow duffel bag and throw it in the backseat of my car.

I drove to his house incomplete silence...thinking. Thinking about what I'm going to do with my life now. It seemed as though it had surrounded around James lately and now, I have nothing. Who am I left to be? I can't remember who I was before I met James. My parents had just...died...and I was helpless until I moved in with Yvette.

Maybe...maybe this is a good thing. Yeah, maybe it's time for me to move on with my life. Start over. Become a brand new Tracey Turner. Yeah, that sounds nice, but talk is cheap. It's time for me to put my money where my mouth is. It's time for me to stop dwelling on the past and worrying about the future. It's time to live in the now.

But I can't stop thinking about what Alicia had asked me at the end of class. "Would it be okay if I dated James?" she had asked, shyly. My heart was so damaged it didn't even twitch when she asked me that. My mind was saying HELL NO, but then I remembered that he'd moved on, and now it's my turn. I didn't speak, from fear of saying HELL NO, and just nodded my head with a closed-mouth smile.

And now here I am, heading towards my ex-boyfriend's house, where he's with his probably already new girlfriend. I couldn't even bring myself to be jealous, it's like I have nothing left to offer. No jealousy, no envy, no hatred, no...love. But deep down, somewhere deep into my soul, I knew was a concealed box that held nothing but my feeling and love for James. Will I reopen it? Only time can time.

I felt a vibration in my pocket. I reached into it and grabbed my phone. "Tracey, where are you?" Yvette asked me, sounding a little down. What's wrong with her? "Remember I told you I had to go over James' house for an experiment in class?" I refreshed her memory.

There was a silence, then she sighed. "You had a guest come over today," she answered softly. I pulled over to the side of the road and parked the car, becoming too distracted to drive. "Okay. Who was it?" I asked curiously. She hesitated. "A policeman. He said they finally identified all the valuables that were burned in your old house. They...they found your mom's diary," she paused again. "And inside it was a will," she finished.

I clamped my hand over my mouth. Oh my god. My mom's diary? I didn't even know she kept one. And a will? I thought everything got destroyed in the fire. "I'm on my way-"

"No. I'll bring it to you," Yvette interrupting me. I agreed and continued towards James' house. I pulled into his driveway and drove towards the backyard, where the guest house is. I remember the first time I was here; it seemed so long ago, when James and I made it official that we were a couple. My eyes started to burn again. D*mnit. I'm going to have to control my emotions these next few days.

I got out of the car, pulled my duffel bag over my head and around my neck, shut the door, and walked hesitantly towards the front door. Before I rung the doorbell, I gave myself a quick look over. I was wearing off yellow shorts and a loose blue designed top, along with blue heels. I didn't even have the strength to change into something more comfortable.

I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell. I waited a few seconds until the door opened, revealing James. He glanced at me once and just walked away leaving the door open...I took that as my signal to come in.