Ch. 30-Final Chapter

Chapter 30

Before I knew what was happening, my door opened and someone pulled me from the car. "I forgive you...because I'm in love with you," James whispered before he pulled me into his warm embrace...

We stood there holding on to each other like it was our last day on Earth. I'm shocked, completely shocked. I mean, he was about to say to me a couple of times in the past but never pulled through, so I just figured I'd put too much thought into. But here he is, holding on to me as I'm crying into his shoulder, and he told me he's in love with me.

I pulled away from him and studied his face. I was searching his eyes trying to find a hint of doubt. When I didn't find any, I smiled; a real genuine, passionate smile. "I'm in love with you too," I admitted softly, a little nervous. James removed his arms from around my waist and placed his hands on both my cheeks. He chuckled. "I already know that," he said with a smile as he wiped my tears from my eyes.

I laughed lowly and rolled my eyes. "I thought you were sleeping," I muttered as I shook my head. He shook his as well. "Nope, I woke up when you and Leon were accusing each other of falling asleep, which was a pretty funny argument by the way," he added the ending quickly. I laughed and he continued.

"I was about to go back to sleep until I heard Leon asked you about what happened between us. I heard you explain what really happened, and when I heard you say you loved me..." he trailed off as he looked deep into my eyes. "I began thinking about what your mom wrote in her diary. About how if too many obstacles are in your way, you'll give up easily; that's when I realized that if I kept pushing you away than you'd eventually give up on me," he paused.

His hands left my cheeks and went to my hands, holding each one in his. He looked down at our now interlocked hands. "And when I woke up this morning I realized that I don't want that. I can't have that. And I won't let a stupid....kiss interfere between us. What's done is done. And hopefully," he tore his gaze from our hands and looked into my eyes again.

"This completely cliché and long speech of mine," -we both laughed- "will persuade you that I'm deeply in love with you. And I want to be with you, forever and always," he finished with hope, love, and desperation filling voice and eyes.

Without a second thought or hesitation, I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulled him close to me, and planted my lips hungrily against his. He responded quickly and snaked his arms around my abdominal. As if we both were thinking the same thing, our mouths opened and both our tongues connected like magnets.

I immediately moaned at the pleasure of tasting him again. I feel as I'm finally receiving the last piece of the puzzle connected to my body, soul, and mind. I felt James smile against my lips before pulling away to catch a breather. He chuckled as he looked at me with amusement glinting in his eyes. "That has to be the best yes I've ever received," he explained his happiness.

I nodded with the biggest grin on my face. I looked towards my house. Yvette will be happy to know that James and I are finally back together. The smile grew bigger, if possible, at that thought. Of course, she'll want us two double date with her and Andrew as soon as possible. Haha, oh, maybe we could get Amanda and Leon together, and then it'll be a triple date. I laughed at that thought. Then we could get Alicia-

I cut myself off as my grin started to fade. Alicia. I looked back at James, he still had a smile on his face until he saw my now worried look. "What's wrong," he asked, as he brought his hands to my cheeks again. I sighed. "What about you and Alicia?" I asked nervously. I didn't know if they were dating, but it's something definitely going on between them.

James sighed and shook his head. "There's nothing going on between me and Alicia and I told her that before you arrived. Granted yesterday in class I was flirting with her, but that's just because I knew you were watching me and I wanted to hurt your feelings and I'm completely sorry about that," he said in one full breath and fast. I didn't know what to say to that. Of course I believe him; I just didn't have anything else to say on the subject.