Ch. 27

Chapter 27

During lunch, I was sitting with the regular girls at our regular table. Yvette had a smug look on her face when I sat down. She's knows I can't go to sleep, and she's been teasing me about since I stepped into class.

She'll start talking about a dream she had, or she couldn't sleep last night, and every time, I'd tell her to shove it. The girls who Yvette and I always sit with at lunch, Tiara, Amanda, Daisey, and Janay, were interrogating me now.

"Oh my God! Are you and James back together?!" Daisey asked me excitedly. I shook my head lazily. God, I'm so tired I don't even have the energy to shake my head? What has the world come too? "Really? Because in class today, he kept smiling and trying to talk to you," Tiara butted in. What? James was trying to talk to me in class?

I don't remember that. It must've been AFTER I sent him the text. "What? James was trying to talk to me in class?" I asked her. I just remembered she was in my first period class as well, she sat with ugh...Porsha. Tiara nodded her head and the girls gasp in happy surprise.

I shook my head again. "I don't remember that," I admitted, trying to think back. "Well duh," Tiara sung the word 'duh'. "You were too busy trying to fall asleep, but Alicia and Leon kept waking you up," she finished. "Wait, Leon? Leon Primm?" Amanda asked curiously, popping up from her slump positon in her chair.

"Yeah," I answered suspiciously. All eyes were on her now as her cheeks rose to a bright red. "Ooh la la, does someone have a crush? Huh? Huuuuuhhh?" Daisey teased, playfully poking Amanda's arm. Amanda viciously shook her head in denial. "No! I-I-I-I was just wondering because...because..." she trailed off, hoping we'd drop it...she should know us better.

"Because...?" Yvette pushed, a smile rising on her face. I had a smile on my face too. For once, I'm not the center of attention at this table. It seemed like all we'd ever talk about was James and I. And since it's no more a James and I, it wasn't any gossip going on.

"Because I know a lot of guys named Leon!" she yelled in embarrassment. We all started laughing at her lame excuse. "Oh really? Name one," Janay insisted. Amanda was quiet for a while. "Leon....Primm," Amanda sighed in defeat, which caused us to laugh again. Wow, who knew laughing could wake you up. I feel energetic now!

"I'm gonna go get another drink," I announced before getting up. Aww, Amanda likes Leon. I don't know if they'd make a good couple though, Leon seems like a handful. I wonder if Amanda would be able to handle him. When I bought a Coca Cola A.K.A my energy drink, I turned around to face a devious smile from...ugh...Porsha.

"What do you want?" I asked, all of a sudden my so called energy began dying and I felt drowsy again. "Are you and James dating again?" she asked firmly. I noticed she had a couple of her friends behind her, imitating her stance; she had her arms folded infront of her. "What makes you say that?" I answered her question with a question.

She doesn't deserve an answer. She's the one that cause James and I to break up the first time when she said that he cheated on her, and me being stupid, believed her. "I heard you cheated on him, talk about irony huh?" she spoke again, not answering MY question this time. Her friends behind her giggled. Wow, how was that funny.

"Oh, that was joke? Wow, comedy is NOT your friend," I say back with mock shock and real distaste. "Are are you two back together or what?" she asked, repeated her earlier question. "What makes you say that?" I asked, repeated mine also. Haha, déjà vu much?

Her and her friends stepped closer to me. I just noticed that we were in the middle of the cafeteria, and everyone was watching us. All of a sudden Yvette, Daisey, Janay, Amanda, and Tiara we next to me. "Is there a problem here?" Yvette asked, daring one of Porsha and her friends to say there is.