Ch. 15

Chapter 16

"Marcus," I whispered as I stood there in the doorway, frozen with surprise. I know I probably looked like a deer in a car's headlights, but I don't care. Marcus is here, at my house, in my life. Flashbacks of the day he broke my heart lingered into my memory.

We had been together for a few months, and I thought everything was going great, I guess he thought differently. Anyway, we stood there for a while, just sizing each other up, seeing what was different; he still looks the same. "Tracey, you look good," he said, scanning my body, not in a sexual way, but in a haven't-seen-you-in-a-long-time way.

Then I hear Yvette calling for me, wondering who's at the door, but I couldn't remove my eyes from Marcus. This guy that just shows up out of nowhere, this guy who was the first to have my heart and the first to break it, this guy who was my first love, hell, this guy that holds my effing V-Card for Christ sake!.

I didn't even realize Andrew had came up and stood next to me. "Marcus! Hey man! What you doing here?" Andrew yelled happily and throws me out of my trance. Marcus hesitantly takes his eyes off of me and looks to his cousin.

"I'm on my spring break! Your mom said I could chill at your house, but when I got there, you weren't there. And she said that you were over Yvette's house, which I'm both surprised and glad to see you two back together," Marcus answered, smiling towards the end.

That's the smile, that's the smile that got me hooked to him those years ago....but no! Don't start thinking about the past Tracey!

"Well come on in, man! We got a party to get to!" Andrew said while motioning Marcus to follow. I leaned on the door frame, allowing him to pass, he gave a sheepish grin and walked pass....

>>James' POV<<

"Marcus! Hey man! What you doing here?" Yvette and I hear Andrew yell with shock and excitement. I look at Yvette, who just sat straight up from her previously position; laying back against the the back of the couch.

I looked at her strangely. Who's this Marcus guy? And why did he make Yvette got all surprised. She must've read my face, because she looked over to me and answered, "Tracey's ex-boyfriend."

I nodded my head thinking 'Okay it's just an ex, no big deal'. Then it hit me, is this the guy that took her virginity, the one she said was an ass? I suddenly felt protective of her and was about to get up to go to her, until the three walked in. First Andrew, then some Beverly Hills type dude with a Justin Timberlake haircut, then Tracey, who was nervously looking at the ground.

When she finally looked up towards me, I motioned her to come to me. She returned to her seat, but not on my lap, on the arm of the chair? What's that about? Why didn't she sit back on my lap?

"You already know Vetty," Andrew started, while pointing at Yvette. "And this is James, Tracey's boyfriend," he announced as the guy just stared from Tracey to me, with an emotionless face.

"Hey, I'm Marcus," the guy said, while holding out his hand to me.

I nodded and shook it with my left hand, "Hey, what's up," I retorted back.

Once done shaking his hand, I placed my hand on Tracey's leg, and put my other one around her waist. This gesture made the guy smirk a little and nod his head.

"Okay! We have a party to get to," Yvette announced while standing. "Um, Marcus you can come....if you want?" Yvette asked; everyone could tell she was hoping he would say no.

It just made him chuckle and say, "Sure, why not."

But he didn't even look at Yvette when he answered, he was looking at Tracey. What the hell man? At least have respect to look at the person you're talking to, beside staring at MY girlfriend. The look he was giving her was mixed with disbelief, surprise, and a hint of anger.

It made me want to see why he was looking like that, so I turned to Tracey, and noticed she'd been staring at me. She was looking at me like she was....studying me? I wonder what she's thinking about. But them she smiled a closed mouth smile at me, and I couldn't help but return it.

Minutes passed and we'd made a decision to allow the guy, Marcus, to tag along. As we all headed out the door to the cars, Andrew decided to ride with Marcus in his red 2008 Ford Shelby GT Convertible, while the Tracey and Yvette rode with me in my dark gray 2010 Camaro Sports Car.

I didn't like the way Marcu keeps looking at Tracey, like he's regretful or something. And it's making me a jealous...yeah that's right...I'm jealous, and I'm not afraid to admit it!

Man...this is going to be one crazy night. There's going to be drunk hormonal teenagers, loud music, guilty exes, jealous boyfriends, slutty girls, and dancing.....so I repeat...it's going to be a crazy night.....yay

(AN: sorry it's sooooo short...I have a bit of writers block. I know where I want the story to go..I just....I'm having a little trouble getting there...if that makes sense?....but please be patient with me....xoxo)