Ch. 13

Chapter 13

When I walked to James' locker, he was leaning his back and head against it, his hands in his pockets, and his eyes closed. He looked like he was sleep. I noticed the girls walking by, looking at him. They were smiling and giggling like they were shy.

It amazed me how nervous they seem around him, even when he's "asleep". I shake my head and head over to him. I stand in front of him for a while, just looking up at his closed eyes.

Would I have said it back? If he told me he loved me, would I have said the same? I never actually thought about us being in love with each other, it's mostly just been like. But I mean, who wouldn't be in love with this guy?

He has all the tracts you'd want in a guy. He's sexy, funny, smart, caring, understanding, generous, and...did I say sexy? How can I NOT be in love with him? Wait, did I just admit I'm in love with him?

And did I just admit to admitting I'm in love with him? Ugh! I'm confusing myself. I shake my head in order to clear it, and decide to get James' attention.

"James," I say, although it sounds more like a question. He licked the bottom of his lips and smile, "Hmm, I love your voice," he says as he straightens his head and opens his eyes.

I don't know why, but that made me smile; no guy has told me he liked my voice before, it's usually along the lines of 'I love you're ass'. When he sees me smile back, he pulls me closer to him, so now I'm standing between his legs as his arms are wrapped around my waist.

He leans in and kisses me softly; we try to keep it PG in school, you know, since it's a non-PDA location. The kiss lasted for at least ten seconds too short, which made me pout, which caused him to chuckled and shake his head.

"We can do more of that later," he assures me. Girls walk past us and smile at James, saying how they can't wait to see him at the party. He just nods and rolls his lips into his mouth. When they notice me, they look at me like I've skinned all their pets. God lee, where's the love in this school? Can't anyone just be happy for us? Is that too much to ask?!

"Speaking of the party, are you going?" James asked me, when the jealous sluts were gone. I think about it for a minute. Yvette really wants me to go, but am I ready to go to another party? James must've taken my confusion as sadness, because he quickly started apologizing.

"Oh, Tracey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring up the thing with your parents. I know you haven't been to a party since...I'm so sor--"

"No, it's fine. I'll go to the party. I should be having fun anyway, right?" I tried to explain. He didn't answer me. I looked him in the eyes. I could see a mixture of concern, sorrow, and guilt in his eyes.

"Really James, I'm fine," I say again. He let out a breath I didn't even know he was holding and nodded his head. We kissed one more time before disbursing to our next class.

*****

When I got home from school, I noticed Andrew sitting on the porch. Yvette wasn't home yet, so I guess he was waiting for her. I got out my car and made my way to the front door. "How long have been here waiting for Yvette?"

"Who said I was for waiting her?" he asked following me in as once I opened the door.

"Aren't you?" I questioned as put my bags and walked to the window by the door.

"No, I actually came to visit my bestfriend, since we haven't been spending a lot of time together," he admitted while sitting on the couch. I nodded my head as I opened the blinds, attempting to let some sun light in.

"Okay,"-I sat on the couch facing him, with one of my legs lying bent infront of me while the other hanging off- "let's do some catching up. What's been happening with you?" He shook his head in disagreement.