Ch. 18

Chapter 18

"Hypocrite," I heard a voice mumble, as if not for me to hear. I look up to see who the owner of the familiar voice was. Marcus...

He was leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossing over his chest. His face was emotionless as he looked at me. D*mn it. He must've saw William and I kiss. "Marcus..." I began, but he turned and walked off. "Marcus!" I yelled. Sh*t! I hope he isn't looking to tell James.

I follow him through the crowd, yelling for his attention. When I noticed he was heading towards James, I sped up my pace and grabbed his arm for him to stop. "Marcus! Don't," I began as he yanked his arm out of my grasp and turned towards me.

"Why shouldn't I? Doesn't he have a right to know?" he asked, repeating the question I had asked him those years ago. I stared at him in disbelief. I can't believe he's comparing what I did to what he did. "Of course he has a right to know! And I'll tell him! Me! This has nothing to do wi-"

My yelling over the music was cut off by him pulling me into an empty bedroom. Once were in, he closed the door and turned on the ceiling light. The room was nothing special. It was just your average room. I looked at Marcus, who had his arms across his chest again.

"Look Marc-"

"Look at what?" he cut me off again, his voice strong and firm. "Look at you making out with a guy that's not even your boyfriend?" Ouch, hearing it come from someone else mouth made it seem so much worse. I closed my eyes and exhaled loudly. "Please Marcus. Please, don't tell James," I begged. God, I can't believe I'm begging.

"Why not? Wouldn't YOU want to know?" he accused harshly. He's referring to those years ago when I told him he should've told me. But what he did is far worse than what I did. "Yes. I'm gonna tell him, just not now-"

"Why'd you kiss that guy anyway?" he cut me off again. Okay, he's got to stop doing that. Why did I kiss William? I honestly don't know. "I...I don't know...it just...happened," I answered honestly. Marcus shook his head and chuckled. "That's no excuse," he explained. D*mn it. He's using all the lines I yelled at him on me.

"Look Marcus, I see what you're doing, all right. Don't even THINK of comparing what I did to what you did. What I did is like a mosquito bite to that," I accused him, trying to compose my anger. "Hey, don't try to flip the script on me. This is about YOU cheating," he confirmed as he pointed a finger to me accusingly.

As much as I hated to admit it, he was right. I hung my head in shame as I tried to think of a way to tell James. I mean, I have to tell him...right? Relationships are based on truth and being honest with one another. But if I tell him, it's going to hurt him, and he might break up with me...do I want that?

No of course not. But I have to do something. "I-I-I'm gonna tell him," I made the decision. Marcus nodded his head in agreement. "Good. 'Cause we both know what happens when people have secrets..." he mumbled as he trailed off. Of course I know...eventually they come out to play.

"Tracey, I still want to talk to you about...us. No, I'm not gonna try and get you back, I just want to clear the air," he stated. I nodded my head. I feel like I have no choice but to hear him out now, especially since he's going to keep this secret from James.

He said okay as we headed out the room. Unexpectedly, Marcus pulled me into a hug, his arms around my waist and his face by my ear. "Later, just let me explain later," he whispered. I nodded my head.

Before pulling away, he planted a soft, innocent kiss on my cheek and walked outside. After I couldn't see him anymore, I turned around to face and came face to face with James. "What the hell was that?" he questioned me, his voice full of demand.

D*mn it. He saw Marcus just kiss me. Instead of playing stupid like I planned, I just came clean. "It was nothing," I assured him. He narrowed his eyes at me. "Then what were you two doing in there," he pointed to the bedroom door that Marcus and I just exited from.

"We were just talking. It's no big deal," I explained. "About what?" he asked. Gosh, who named him chief detective? "About nothing important ,"I assured him again. He seemed like he didn't believe me at first, but then he exhaled and shook his head. "I'm sorry for sounding like an over-protective boyfriend," he apologized as he pulled me into his arms.

"No, it's okay. It's understandable-"

"No, it's not," he cut me off. "I shouldn't be acting so cautious of you. It's just...he's your ex-boyfriend, and you guys have so much history. I just keep thinking he's gonna try to steal you back-"

"Hey," I cut him off and looked up into his eyes. They were kind of sad. "I'm not going anywhere, at least unless you want me too," I chuckled. He shook he's head and laughed. "And I will NEVER do anything to hurt,"...I lied...

(AN: sorry it's short and lame...I'm kind've having writer's block...I picture how I want the story to go, I'm just having trouble getting there...if that makes sense...forgive me please...and continue reading...I promise it's gonna get more interesting...)