Ch. 5

Chapter 5

That night when Yvette and I got home, we were both cool, calm, and collected. But I couldn't shake the conversation that Porsha and I shared. If it was true, then it happened long before I came. Should I be worried? There is a possibility that he'll do it again. But I know James, he's not a cheater. Porsha said she knew him too and he cheated on her. I'll just have to ask him so I can get this whole thing figured out.

The next morning was yet another hot day. At school, I barely talked to him, or even Yvette for that matter. She could tell something was wrong when I went downstairs to eat breakfast, but since I didn't say anything, she didn't either. In the hallway at my locker, James asked what was wrong with me. I lied saying it was nothing, but he could read my face very well.

I saw Porsha at her locker down the hall looking at me with a grimaced smile on her face. She knew what was wrong with me, but she wasn't telling anyone anything about it. That evening, I invited James over my house so I can confront him about it. I know I shouldn't bring it up, but I'm curious. I just need to hear him say he didn't do it, then I'll move pass this.

I was sitting in the living room when when he walked in and made his way to the couch. I gave an apologetic look as he gave me a confused looked. "Okay, I have you ask you something, and I want you to be completely honest with me," I started, remembering everything Porsha told me.

He looked at me, a worried look on his face before nodding his head in agreement. "Why did Porsha break up with you?" I asked again, for some reason, I felt like shouting it instead.

Why am I getting mad? Just the thought of him cheating on me. He looked at me with curiousity in on his face. "I already told you," he reminded me. I shook my head in denial.

"No," I began. "You told me that you two didn't have much in common." He nodded his head in agreement again.

"And that's why we broke up," he repeated again.

I looked at him suspiciouly. "I talked to Porsha," I began. He backed away from me like I was a highly contagious person. "Did you actually cheat on her?"

He seemed surprised at first, like he didn't believe what I just said. "Is that what people are telling you about me? That I cheated on her?"

"It's what Porsha told me about you. And that that's why she broke up with you. How could you do that?"

"Do you actually believe--"

"Believe what? That you're a lying, back-stabbing, two-timing boyfriend?" I cut him off. He stood up with anger in his tone as he paced back and forth.

"No," he began. "Believe that I'd do something like that," he paused in sentence and in pace. "Hold on, this was way before you came here, why does it even matter?"

"IT MATTERS TO ME!" I bellowed back furiously. "If you're dumb enough to cheat on Porsha, then you're smart enough to do the same to me. What'd you do, wait until the night of so you can flash another girl around in her face? How pathetic is that?" I demanded as my voice got more calm and quiet.

"Why did you go to Porsha instead of coming and asking me?" He demanded back, his voice rising.

"Did you cheat on her?" I asked while standing up to face him.

I could see him trying to hold back his dissapointment. "If you were that curious about what happened between me and her, then you should've came to me, instead of digging around, interrogating my ex-girlfriend, " he suggested while looking me dead in my eyes.

"Well I'm asking you now--" I began until he cut me off.

"Exactly! You're asking me now, while thinking I'm the bad guy!" his voice grew more and more angry.

"Oh my God....you're avoiding the question," I pointed out. So it is true, you really did cheat on her. I started feeling sorry for Porsha.

All this time, I thought she was the bad guy, when it was James all along. "No," he corrected. "I'm avoiding having an unecessary agruement about something that had nothing to do with you!" he shouted while opening the door before walking out.

Yvette came down stairs with a questioned face. "Who stole the cookies outta his cookie jar?" she asked when she made her way to me. I shook my head while walking passed her and headed upstairs to my room......