Ch. 7

>>James' POV<<

"I'll take that as a yes," was all she said before walking out, leaving me in the room alone. The look on her face made me want to grab her and say how sorry I was. But how could I do that when I practically just told her that it was over between us? She probably doesn't even want me to touch her anymore now. "Damn it," I muttered when she was gone.

No,no.no,no,no,no,nooooooo! How could I have let it go this far?! How could I just let her walk out without telling her how I really feel? Damn Porsha! Why'd she have to even talked to Tracey? Naw, hold on, why is she going around telling people I cheated on her? When she know good and well that that's not what happened between us. I mean, we wasn't even dating when Halloween rolled around. What the hell is going on with my life?!

I don't understand how my world went from amazing to horrible in three months tops. When Tracey first came we hit it off good. I mean, yeah, I thought she was kind of weird with the whole paper thing, but it was still kind of cute.

Everything about her is amazing: her laugh, her smile, her voice, her eyes, her incredible body. That night at my house when we were kissing, and my hands were all over her figure and I was speechless. I wanted to have her right then and there, but I didn't want to rush anything. I don't even know if she's a virgin or not, but it wouldn't matter, because I still didn't want to rush anything. That's why when she fell asleep, I laid her in my bed and I sleep on the couch.

I also love her personality. She's funny, smart, peaceful, caring, friendly, has just the right amount of self-confidence, and is very turstworthy. To be honest, she's the exact opposite of Porsha, which is probably why I like Tracey so much. Trust. That's the reason it never worked with Porsha and I. She didn't trust me. I mean yeah, I guess I'm suppose to be the hottest guy in school or whatever, but that doesn't mean I'm a player, that's Timothey's profile.

Trust. That word means so much to me. And because it means so much, that's why I got so mad at Tracey at her house that day. She went behind my back and went to Porsha. Why couldn't she just ask me? It made me doubt her trust for me.

And now, I'm standing here in the empty classroom, looking stupid because I just lost the one girl I actually truely felt might be the one. No. I'm not in love with her, but no one can predict the future.

And nothing can take back what I just said to her. I wanted my words to sting and hurt her. I wanted to see her cry, because deep down, I was crying myself. I saw her eyes getting watery when she asked if it was over between us. It took everything I had not to let my pain reach my face. I didn't want to show any emotions towards her.

I know what you're thinking. How stupid am I? If I like her as much as I say I do, why did I want to cause her pain? And the truth is.....I don't know. I didn't even expect those words to come out. I was going to give her the silent treatment, but I just had to open my big mouth.

Now she's probably hates me, but not as much as I hate myself.

Ding! Ding! Ding! the bell rung, which means I was late. I pulled myself together and headed to my next class. When I walked un, the teacher wasn't even in there, so I wouldn't be counted late. I went and sat down in my seat next to Timothey in the back row. "Man! How come the one day you're late, the teacher ain't even in here to witness it?!" he asked loudly, which got a couple of laughs form a few girls.

He's always been curious on how I was always on time to my classed. Which is simple; I don't stop and talk, I walk and talk, which would be impossible for him to do. He noticed I didn't laugh and he realized something was wrong. "Why were you late anyway?" he questioned, his voice normal tone now.

"Because I just broke up with Tracey, man," I confessed. Jeez, it hurted just saying that. Confusion swept over my friends face as his voice went lower.

"Aww man, I thought y'all was doing good. Why'd you go and do that?" he whispered. I heard the concern in his voice.

"Because I'm Mr. Asswhip, the mayor of Jerkville in the state of Stupidity. You want to rent a house?" I admitted, getting angrier with every word. If it wasn't for the seriousness in my voice, I'm pretty sure he would've started laughing. But he didn't. He just reached over and gave a consoling pat on my back.

"It'll be alright man, just give it some time," was all he said before the teacher finally walked into the class. He started speaking, but I just put my head on my desk, not really caring what he was talking about.

It'll be alright, just give it some time, I kept repeating that in my head. It's over, I'm single again. No more James and Tracey. No more school's favorite couple. For some reason, thinking that made my chest hurt. It felt like it was burning, but I don't know why.

All I know is that I don't want this to be the end. I don't want to be single. I don't want to be with any other girl. I only want one girl.....Tracey Turner. And I'm not going to let her slip away that easy....