Ch. 28

Chapter 28

"FIGHTING IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!" Principle Moore was telling us about the beauty of fighting in school. He was pacing behind in desk as he told us that young woman shouldn't be fighting in the first place.

"Explain yourselves," he commanded.

It was quiet at first, until Porsha and I both started talking at the same time. We pointed our fingers at each other as we were blaming each other. "Enough," he said firmly, causing Porsha to stop abruptly.

But I kept going. "...and she hit me first!"

"Do you have witnesses that'll back up your story?" he asked the both of us.

"Yes," Porsha said loudly. "A whole lunch room full," I say at the same time she did. Principle Moore took his sit behind his desk and intertwined his fingers.

"Well then, I'm going to see which classes have this lunch period and get to the bottom of this," he started, his voice more calm, though the power behind it was noticeable.

"The punishment for fighting is suspension," he continued. I tensed. I've never been suspended a day in my life. "So, whoever started this will be suspended for a full week of school. Until I find that out, you both will have detention until otherwise," he finished.

"And if I hear anything else from you two ladies then you both will be suspended for two weeks. Do I make myself clear?" He asked us.

"Yes," Porsha and I both say at the same time. Principle Moore nodded his head with approval.

"Good. Your detention starts today," he finished.

"Not today! I have something to do right after school!" Porsha yelled in protest. Haha, she means some ONE to do after school.

"You should've thought about that before you fought. You are dismissed," that was all he said before dismissing us.

I texted Yvette and told her I had detention until the principle found out who started the fight. Ugh! I better not get suspended! The whole cafeteria witnessed Porsha slap me first, I just used self defense.

At the end of the day, I made my way towards the detention class. I walked in to see a lot of students. Well, at least I'm not the only trouble maker. I looked towards the teacher's desk to find, holy Mary and Joseph...Mr. Britt?

He's by far the sexiest teacher on compass. Some students call him Mr. Pitt instead of Mr. Britt, due to the fact that he favors Brad Pitt. No one knows how old he is though. "Pick a chair! Any chair!" he announced when he noticed me walk in.

Groans came from the students. "Do you have to say that EVERYtime someone comes in?" I guy sitting in the back complained. Mr. Britt just laughed and brushed it off. There's talk that he's one of the fun teachers.

I scanned my surroundings for a seat. I spotted Porsha sitting in the front row, of course, directly infront of Mr. Britt. She had an ice pack on her face. There was a seat in the third row that I took. I was now sitting between a red head with freckles and a guy with dreads. I sat quiet for a moment until my phone went off...loudly in this quiet room.

"Bottoms up! Bottoms up! Up! Throw your hands up! Tell security we bout to tear this club up!" Bottoms Up by Trey Songz blazed through the silence as I looked through I bag for my phone. I finally phone it and cut it off quickly. "No phones Miss...Bottoms up," Mr. Britt announced as the students started snickering. That's right; I don't have a class with him so he doesn't know my name.

I nodded my head and put my phone back. I looked around the room. Everyone looked like a bunch of zombies. Ugh...I'm so sleepy. My adrenaline had fully vaporized now, and I'm back to being lazy and drowsy. I laid my head down on my desk and closed my eyes.

"No sleeping Miss Bottoms up," Mr. Britt announced. Gawd lee, what are we suppose to do then? "What are we suppose to do then? Stare at each other?" I asked, my attitude returning. See, this is what happens when I don't get sleep, I get angry.

Mr. Britt shook his head. "Do homework-"

"I don't have any," I cut him off.

He laughed and said, "You have six classes per day. I'm sure you have homework in at least one of them-"

"Nope. I do my homework in class. That way I won't have to it at home," I cut him off again. He just laughed again. "Why are you having a conversation with her? We're not even suppose to talking," Porsha butted in. Mr. Britt looked from me to her. "I'm not," he lied innocently.

Porsha nodded her head. "Yes you are. You're talking to her about homework...of all things," she corrected. She's probably just mad because he's not talking to her. Mr. Britt nodded in agreement. "And now I'm having a conversation with you about NOT having a conversation. See the irony?" he questioned her. Snickers came from the entire room again as Porsha didn't say anything back.

The rest of the hour went by painfully slow. "Alright degenerates, you're free to go," Mr. Britt spoke music to my ears. I quickly grabbed my bag and ran out of the class, down the halls, and out of the building. I breathed in the fresh air and smiled. God, I'm so over dramatic.

I laughed at myself as I found my car, got in, and headed to my house. When I walked in the driveway, I noticed Marcus on the front porch, hugging Andrew. "Come visit again man," Andrew was telling him. Marcus agreed and began walking towards his car that was parked on the side of the sidewalk.

"Marcus?" I called his name. He turned around when he heard me. We began walking towards each other. "You're leaving?" I asked when we were standing infront of one another. "Yeah, my spring break's over," he confirmed. I nodded my head. What do I say?

Apparently he didn't know either, because he pulled me in for a hug. We stayed in silence like that for a moment. "I honestly don't know what to say right now," I admitted. "Just say 'have a safe trip and see you when I see you'," he suggested. I laughed as we pulled away from the hug.

"Have a safe trip and I see you...in the summer?" I asked. Even though Andrew had moved away, he told me that Marcus would still spent the summer with him. So now that Andrew and I are talking again, I guess I'll be seeing him in the summer as well.

Marcus nodded his head. "Sure thing," he muttered. A pained expression came upon his face. "Take care of yourself Tracey Turner," was the last thing he said to me before driving off...two states away.

I walked into the house and up my stairs. I showered and put on a fresh pair of clothes before walking out, getting in my car, and heading towards James' house. He said he'd talk to me afterwards. I wonder what about? My cheeks blushed with embarrassment. Who am I kidding? Of course I know what he wants to talk about. My confession...that he heard...