Defected

There was a man who was sitting in silence in his office as he still couldn't believe how his child had managed to escape his grasp. You see, that child was supposed to be the one replacing the terminated child of the Blackwings as she had the blood of the said family running through her veins.

"Icen, my dearest," his wife called out to him as he felt his woman embrace him from behind. He just hummed and relaxed in her arms in silence. He looked at her and his gaze softened. Truly, she is his weakness. The woman who had managed to make him change his merciless ways. A woman named, June Blackwing.

"We will find our daughter. I can guarantee you that," she whispered softly to him as he felt her breath on his neck. He just sighed and mumbled, "I know we will. She just got lucky after making us believe the ability given to her was the manipulation of time. Quite an actress, in fact. Who would have thought that Mavus can be quite crafty with her ability?"

A knock was heard from the door and his wife placed a kiss on his cheek while whispering, "I'll see you in the mansion, my love."

With that, he watched his wife leaving the room as the one who knock was his brother, Reol, who was going to escort the Blackwing back to the Soulbearer mansion. He was left with silence as the door closed. He pulled up all the files of the project Eden and spoke, "Project Eden is just starting. It is too early to admit defeat from being outsmarted by a little girl."

His blue eyes glowed dangerously as he was reading his child's profile. A smile escaped his lips as he spoke, "I know you are alive, child, but you can never hide from me as you are my child."

Another knock was heard as he just placed the files back to his drawer. He leaned back on his chair and relaxed as he responded, "Come in."

A female vampire entered and handed him a file about one of his best mortal spy. The moment he received the file, he dismissed the vampire and began reading the report about the infiltration he sent someone whom he addressed as "Silver Tongue." He was supposed to be happy with the progress Silver Tongue was having, until his eyes landed on the last word of the report:

DEFECTED

He let out a deep chuckle as he read the report once more. He knew some of the mortals who joined Oscure would eventually defect. He wasn't surprised at all, but seeing Silver Tongue defecting was a waste. He leaned back on his chair and looked at the ceiling as he let out a deep breath.

"An unfortunate year for Oscure, I see," he breathed out as a thought came into his mind. The traitor is the least of his concern now, but he would have to deal with Silver Tongue sooner or later. He called out for the female vampire once more and instructed her to gather as much information as she could in the whereabouts of Silver Tongue. The only thing he really wanted to know if Silver Tongue is alive or not.

"Yes, boss," the female vampire spoke and left his room in silence. He closed his eyes with a smile painted on his face as he spoke through his communicator, "If you can, find out who the leader of Noah is. Corinth Allen is surely not the leader of the said organization. They are way too secretive which is why I needed to know their main objectives."

He then reached out for the wine glass that contained the blood of one of the mortals who also defected back then. He drank the contents of the glass and mumbled, "I created a paradise for the vampires who were being hunted... A sanctuary for them as the hunters have been so obsessed to finish them. Those mortals who betray will have their blood drained and consumed by my men. Silver Tongue, you better watch out once I have made my move."

A maniacal laughter then filled the head office of Oscure and it echoed through the halls in the middle of the night. The great architect of the city of art knew well that chasing Silver Tongue now would not be the best idea.

It is better to let the storm calm down first, before he make chase for the mortal turned hunter.

=================================================================

Universe: Deified

The universe and Silver Tongue is owned by thundercrowned

This is for the roleplay in discord. I hope you like it.