Reminisce

The picture I drew, filled with yesterday,
The promise I made in the month of May,
The colors I keep behind this drawing,
Can you hear the silence in this painting?

Mavus Soulbearer was looking at the sketch on the paper as she read the name below it. You see, this girl had a friend back then. A boy whom she always talk to back when she was still young. She met him in the park when she was sneaking out of her house just to find a simple sanctuary where no one would keep an eye on her. A sanctuary that would allow her to breath from the suffocating atmosphere of her surroundings. She met that strange boy when she was crying while sitting on a branch of a tree, and eventually became friends with him. They both talked about their dreams and the path they wish to take... The path they wish to forge.

But with the selfishness of her family, as they found out about the boy, the boy's town was attacked by her father's organization. Most mortals from that town ended up to be in the blood bank of Oscure. The next thing she knew, the boy's town was also set in flames. She never heard of him ever since then. For all she know, he might have been killed and placed in the blood bank.

The sad song I sang was meant to be mine,
The dreams I've crushed, but I've kept myself fine,
The voice that came out shows I've lost my poise,
Can you see the message behind the noise?

She looked at the window and saw that it was time for her to do the ritual dance. She began preparing her outfit as she hummed a tune that had been repeatedly playing in her head for quite some time now. You see, after she ran away from home, she took refuge in a hidden Shinto temple that was dedicated to the god of the moon, Tsukuyomi-No-Mikoto. There was a family there who was protecting the shrine and they took her in after seeing her passed out somewhere in the snowy alps. She was thankful for their help and as a token of gratitude, she became a shrine maiden for the priest.

As soon as she finished the necessary preparations, she began the ritual dance under the moonlight.

The strings I've weaved for tomorrow's desire,
The hope that I had was thrown in the fire,
The failure I hid with threads like magic,
Can you feel the dried tears on this fabric?

There were times, she would be playing songs for the other refugees to ease their minds after all that they have experienced as the number of vampires have spiked up more than ever. A lot of mortals were donated to the blood bank in the two cities where some organizations of vampires are located. To the mortals, the Yabuchi shrine was their sanctuary from these vampires and some hunters who have been hunting down the traitors of their organizations. Even though she was glad that she was sheltered by the Aomine family, she couldn't help but long for the path she always wanted to forge... 

A path of stars. 

She had to turn her back from her dreams as her means of survival. She lost a lot back then, and now she was doing her best to pick herself up once more...

...to help the others. This was her only way to help as she didn't want a part of her past to happen again. That part of her past where she lost her only friend. That part of the past buried deep within her mind. She remembered how hard she screamed at the top of her lungs just to be heard by anyone... A scream for help...

...to save her friend, but her voice fell on deaf ears.

The soft melody you drowned with your own,
The ghostly chains were tied to every bone,
The doll you treated like riches and gold,
Can you set free the one being controlled?

As she laid down on a futon, she looked at the stars through the window in silence upon remembering all those things she had gone through. She heaved a sigh as she remembered how she finally broke free from the grasp of her family, but it costed her a lot of precious things. She watched the stars wondering if her friend was in the heavens watching over her just like her great grandmother.

"Come to think of it, maybe they were helping me from the heavens which is why I found a way to make them believe that I can manipulate time... Even though my ability isn't time manipulation," she breathed out as she then took out the tape recorder she brought with her back then... 

The only reminder of her and her childhood friend. She then played it and listened to the voices singing in the recording as she closed her eyes.

"If you can hear me, wherever you are, I really tried to do everything to prevent them from attacking your town and to prevent them from killing you... But my best was not enough... I couldn't break free back then... I hope you have forgiven me..." she mumbled as she let the recording lull her to sleep in the hopes she would dream of those good memories she wanted to experience once more.

====================================

Universe: Deified

The universe, Yabuchi shrine, snowy alps, and the Aomine family belongs to: thundercrowned

This was written for a roleplay in discord. I hope you all enjoy.