Heal

Mavus was shaking as she walked down the busy streets of Exalla. She walked to the darkest alleyway as tears were falling down. You see, she had been in a state of confusion the day after she visited Bakunawa. She felt really lost once more after what happened that day. It was all a blur and she barely managed to ground herself with reality.

"I need to focus on my goal..." she mumbled as she made her way to Oscure's base. You see, there were news about Icen and Noah's leader forming an alliance and they were planning to merge the organizations. She received a report about a hunter infiltrating Noah's base which caused the organization to move.

"...This is my only chance..."

She managed to enter Oscure's base and hid in the vents as she waited for Icen to show up. She crawled all the way to Icen's office only to overhear the conversation of Icen and Noah's leader. Hearing about the two leaders discussing about the new missions of Noah and Oscure, and the meeting that would be held, she carefully crawled to the meeting room and remained hidden in the vents.

"Mavus, dear. Please be careful," Haliya told her softly as Mavus just waited. She knew she wouldn't be able to defeat her father, but she knew something that could defeat him. She had to take risks and a leap of faith.

"Haliya... If I forget everything... Can you please help me chase each and every memory I would lose?" she asked in a hushed voice as she saw the two leaders enter the room. She watched Noah's leader write the new set of missions on the whiteboard as the two leaders were discussing. Eventually, she saw vampires entering the same room and taking a seat.

"I will forever serve and take good care of you, dear Mavus," Haliya answered as Mavus was waiting for the perfect opportunity to catch everyone by surprise.

"Even though you are my master, I see you as a family I wish to protect."

The huntress stopped in her tracks as a tear escaped her eye. Hearing Haliya's words made her feel warm and secured. A familiar feeling back when her great grandmother was still alive.

"Your words... Are really warm... Just like great granny's..." she mumbled and opened the vents upon seeing the perfect opportunity that she had been waiting. 

"I'll make sure I will live. Do you believe in me?" she asked as she jumped down.

"I believe in you forever and always."

As soon as Mavus faced Icen, a maniacal grin escaped her lips as she said, "Hello, father."

Her heartbeat was beating so loud that it was deafening her ears. She was scared, but she needed to do it. It was her only chance and she would not miss an opportunity like that.

"I came back from hell, only to drag you there with me!" she spoke as she dashed towards Icen and tackled him while opening a portal on the wall. The next thing happened was she and her father were in a cave. A cave where the stench of a thousand deaths could be smelled.

To be honest, she had no idea why she finally decided to strike. There had been a lot of opportunities to do it, but she had no idea why she suddenly wanted to attack him just now. Icen groaned and immediately used his ability on Mavus while ordering her to stop. Mavus' eyes dulled upon hearing a certain tone her father used which made her stop in her tracks.

"Stay there, child," he commanded as he walked towards Mavus. He clicked his tongue and looked at her from head to toe. He calmly approached her and placed his hand on her head.

"You really disappoint me Mavus. It didn't have to end like this," Icen mumbled as his eyes glowed white and so was Mavus'. A sigh escaped his lips as he didn't really wanted to fully take away someone's freedom by using his ability. As he removed his hand from her head, he took a step back and said, "Mavus Soulbearer, you are to follow every order that I am going to say. You will listen to me and only me. Understood?"

"...Yes... Master..." she responded monotonously and bowed. He just looked at her and made sure she was still under control of his ability.

"Then, I want you to bring me ba-"

THUD!

Then silence and stillness.

"Mavus? Can you hear me?" Bakunawa softly called out as he just finished draining Icen's life and transferred it to Mavus. She didn't respond but the glow on her eyes faded. Her eyes were dull as she just looked at the ground. Haliya's ghostly form showed up and looked at Mavus worriedly.

"...Mavus..." she breathed out as she tried thinking of something that could snap the brunette back to reality. Sadly, she doesn't know how. Bakunawa clenched his fist and looked to his side frustratingly as he, too, didn't know what to do now. It's really not the ability of the huntress' father anymore, but it was actually the after-effect of everything he did to her. He knew Mavus broke down and slipped away from reality by just simply looking at her eyes.

"If this is the fate that Mavus got from sacrificing hers, then I wish to turn back time so that I could right all the wrongs," Bakunawa mumbled as he shook uncontrollably. All he wanted to do is to help the child heal from all the pain she had received.

All he and Haliya wanted to happen is to help her heal...

===========================

Universe: Deified

Deified belongs to: thundercrowned

This was written for our roleplay in discord. I hope you like it.