Farewell

"Death, oh death, why must you be so sweet?"

She was restrained as she watched their two dogs, Lucifer and Beelzebub, fighting each other to death. It wasn't supposed to be like this. Lucifer and Beelzebub are brothers and they always took care of each other. If only she didn't scream in pain, they wouldn't have heard it. If only she didn't break down, they wouldn't have come to defend her from her father's mistreatment. It was her fault was it ended up like this. It was her fault why her father mind controlled their two dogs to finish each other.

No, she shouldn't break. Not now. The tears were threatening to fall, but she shouldn't let them. The lump forming her throat was getting painful as she was holding her emotions back. No, her father would punish her even more if she breaks.

"Life, oh life, why must you be so cruel?"

As they heard about her friend in the park, it was terrible. The girl was restrained to a chair as she was forced to listen to the screams of pain, fear, and agony. The screams of the people from the town where her friend came from. She was forced to watch how these people were brutally and mercilessly enslaved, captive, and murdered by the vampires. She was forced to witness the cruelty of her parents. This was just a footage, what more if she saw this in person?

No, she shouldn't break. Not now. The tears were threatening to fall, but she shouldn't let them. The lump forming her throat was getting painful as she was holding her emotions back. No, her father would punish her even more if she breaks.

"Life, why must you punish me this way? Why are you making me feel helpless and alone? Do you really want me to stay?"

She was left in her room as she held the pouch her great grandmother gave her before the old lady died. As for her great grandmother's eye patch, she gave it to her friend back then, but that friend had already died now... Or so she thought. The content of the pouch was the tape recorder she used when she was singing and dancing with her friend under the moonlight.

She placed the pouch on her desk as she rolled up the sleeve of her right arm. Countless cuts and scars filled her arm and she took the blade once more to add another set of cuts. Another set of crimson lines as the liquid was giving her relief from all of this. She was forced to watch the same footage over and over as they told her it was her fault as to why it ended up like this.

She didn't care if the vampires would sense her blood. She just wanted to end it all, and yet, she couldn't. She promised her great granny she would be strong.

She was at her breaking point. She couldn't hold on any longer. All she asked was a sliver of hope so she could hold on, and she would do everything just to have the hope that doesn't exist.

"Death, why do you insist of serenading me with the illusions of the dreams in my sleep? Why do you want me to walked into the trap that was made by the demon? Just a little more... Only a little more and I will be in your embrace."

There was a hunter in the forest burying the pouch she once had and the remains of Mavus Soulbearer. As the moonlight hit the nameless makeshift grave, tears fell down from the hunter's eyes as they sadly looked at the lone grave in the forest.

"You disappeared without a trace as you faded in the monochrome. You wished for a warm home, but was placed in this cold and dark world. Your light has faded, but the path of stars still remain. One day, someone will continue this path so please, rest your weary soul.

Farewell, Mavus Soulbearer."

=================================

Universe: Deified
The universe is owned by thundercrowned

This was written for our roleplay in Discord. I hope you like it.