Visitor

After a visit from a vampire, Bakunawa's ghostly figure showed up and he looked at the other glass case. It had been four years since Haliya and Mavus paid him a visit. Sure, he told the vampire that Haliya and Mavus would never come back, but deep inside him, he couldn't help but worry for the two.

He knows Haliya will be fine, but what about Mavus? Mavus is just a hunter and she could be killed anytime. As he waited in the dark, he just leaned on the glass case.

"I wonder how much of her memories were lost. Could she still remember me?" he mumbled as he eyed the pile of corpses. He began counting how many bodies have fallen ever since he and Haliya had been turned into a weapon.

You see, back when Bakunawa and Haliya were still humans, their abilities both came from the same moon. Bakunawa's mother bounded his soul to the dark side of the moon and Haliya bounded hers to the moon's light. You can't combine both light and darkness. It should only be one.

Even though he wasn't the chosen weapon, he was glad that he could still be of aid to his chosen owner. Her could heal the brunette if she paid him a visit. After all, he had visitors almost every day. The life energy that he drained from them would last a day before it faded.

"Bakunawa?"

He knew that voice all too well. Could it be? Did she finally paid him a visit? Did she remember him? The last time he saw her, she was on the verge of death and he was sure that some of her memories would be forgotten. He turned around and his eyes widened in surprise after seeing his owner who have grown healthily and... And...

"...That is a nice look you have, Mavus," he chuckled deeply as he just looked at her from head to toe. The brunette just grinned and gave him a peace sign while Haliya's ghostly form showed up. The silver haired lady gave a courtesy nod to the black haired man and he did the same to her.

"It looks convincing, right?" the hunter beamed as she fixed her clothes. She then looked at the corpses and sweat dropped.

"People still trying to fantasize they could tame you?" she asked as her eyes landed on the most recent corpse. Bakunawa let out a deep chuckle as he saw Haliya's eye twitching and Mavus squinting at the bodies.

"The people here are no different than the people in my world. They need to learn how to listen to warnings. As usual, these mortals and hunters are fools," he hummed as he approached Mavus. He floated around her to see if she had any injuries. Seeing that she wasn't hurt, he let out a small smile and ruffled her hair.

"So what brings you here?" he asked the brunette.

"Haliya told me about what happened before and I've been trying to find a way to come back here so I could thank you," she told Bakunawa with a smile. The life manipulating key staff stopped in his tracks and just looked at her in surprise. He didn't want to admit it, but he felt really happy that his owner paid him a visit. He really thought she had forgotten about him or she have abandoned him, but it seemed like she didn't.

"I can't wield you, but I can pay you a visit, right?" she giggled as she rubbed the back of her head and continued, "After all, weapon or not weapon, you are still my frie-"

Bakunawa did not let her finish as he just embraced her tightly as if Mavus was his lifeline. He closed his eyes and let out a deep breath. Haliya just let out a soft chuckle upon seeing him like that. It had been centuries since they were turned into weapons which made the two really close. Even back in their world, they had been together. They were lovers under the moonlight.

"It had been a while since I've seen you like that, Bakunawa," the blue eyed lady chuckled. He looked at her and just scoffed.

"Is it not right to feel joy when your owner treats you as a dear friend?" he irritatingly asked. Mavus blinked and just let out a laugh upon seeing the two. Haliya already showed her everything that happened back when they were still human which is why she knew of the relationship of the two. She was glad to see Haliya and Bakunawa conversing as she just ended up watching the two talking about the past. She had to admit, she sees those two as her parental figure since Haliya had been doing her best to be a mother to her and as for Bakunawa, she was told by the blue-eyed lady how Bakunawa cares deeply about her well-being.

The joyful conversation between Haliya and Bakunawa ended when they noticed Mavus falling asleep. They just looked at her and Haliya let out a chuckle.

"She traveled really far so it is expected for her to fall asleep," she told Bakunawa, who just gently ruffled the hunter's hair. Haliya just let out a smile as she watched her beloved smiling and making sure Mavus would have a good rest.

As Bakunawa looked at the time on Mavus' phone, he placed a kiss on Mavus' forehead and turned to Haliya.

"It is time to bring her back before someone sees the two of you," he softly said to his lover as the lady embraced him.

"We'll pay you a visit again, Bakunawa."

Bakunawa pulled away with a smile and nodded.

"You know where to find me," he told her as he watched Haliya making a portal for Mavus and her. Once the two left the area, he heard another set of footsteps approaching his glass case. He turned to the mortal and simply clicked his tongue as he immediately drained the mortal's life force.

"Foolish mortals. I do not want any of you to tame me. I am the master of my own!"

================================

Universe: Deified

Deified is owned by: thundercrowned

This was written for our roleplay in discord. I hope you like it.