Surprise

"So it is him," she mumbled as she was looking at the profile of a certain member of Oscure. You see, she snuck in the base and noticed the new members weren't there. There were some higher-ups but she managed to sneak inside.

"Your problem would be where to look for him," Tloque pointed out as his ghostly form showed up. He was keeping watch of the surroundings so he could tell the huntress if someone was coming. He had been more quiet these past few days as he wanted to give Durandel and Varael some privacy. At night, Varael would always talk to Durandel about her travels before she got to Haimus.

"And the other problem is the Reaper huntress. She might be able to kill him before we even find him," she sighed and thought for a while as she placed back all the files back to their original place. She looked at the night sky through the window lost in thought. She found all the important information she needed to, but she was having a race against time to get to the vampire that could free her Sleeping Beauty from the weapon.

"The Reaper stated that she only battle vampires. We can start here in this city, then we could go to Istoresya right after," the crimson blade suggested as Varael exited the Oscure base. The huntress then faced the ominous buildings. Sure, she needed help but she had already been helped a lot of times. She wanted to prove that she, too, could also do it. She was already thankful that Tloque offered her a way to revive Casey Woodham. She was glad that there is a weapon that could free the souls from being captive from the weapons. She was glad that there is a counterpart of those who seal souls in weapons.

"There had been four children sealed this century... Only two more for the ancient tradition," she spoke as she began approaching the first building to check if the vampire she was looking for was there. She was aware of the ancient traditions because one of the hunters in the walled kingdom had knowledge of the hunter weapons. She used to visit the great weapon smith as she was curious about the lost art especially the time she witnessed the weapon smith to seal someone inside a weapon to save that person from dying.

"And then, there is that project Eden. A modified version of the tradition," Tloque frowned as he made his ghostly form vanish. Varael hummed and was lost in thought as a group of vampires mistook her as the Reaper. She stopped in her tracks and held the crimson blade.

"We have company," Durandel mumbled as Varael prepared her stance. The vampires surrounded her and she took a deep breath. Tloque looked at the vampires and clicked his tongue as the target was not there. The vampires were actually about to attack when, out of nowhere, knives flew and stabbed each and every one of them on the neck. Varael, Durandel, and Tloque were all surprised at what happened as they watched the vampires scream in pain while removing the knives. Not long after, she witnessed them recovering from the wounds.

"Really... You don't just attack random hooded figures..." a female voice spoke as a brunette appeared from the ground. The vampires glared at the brunette and charged towards her, but they just ended up phasing through.

"Lol. Just leave, you guys. We don't want any more casualties, right? She is not the reaper," the brunette mumbled as she took out her butterfly knife. The knife began glowing as the moonlight hit its blade. The vampires stopped in their tracks and looked at each other.

"She's not the Reaper?" one of them asked.

"She isn't. She's wearing a cloak and the Reaper is actually wearing something else..." the brunette sweat dropped as the vampires squinted at her. Varael didn't move in her place as she began processing why she was helped by this person. She knew this person because the leader of Rosenkreuz told her to find her whereabouts. As the vampires left, the brunette then looked at her butterfly knife and placed it back in her pocket while chanting inaudibly.

"Sorry about that, pretty miss," the brunette sheepishly said as she rubbed the back of her head. Varael just looked at her in silence as she didn't know how to react at all.

"Welp~ Time for me to go~ See ya~"

With that, the brunette phased through the floor and disappeared along with the knives that fell on the floor. Tloque was dumbfounded at what just happened while Durandel and Varael just snapped back to reality.

"Mavus... Is a crafty child..." the wandering hunter breathed out and remained still.

"She is, isn't she?" Durandel mused as Tloque finally recovered.

"...We need to get moving," the crimson blade muttered as he was inwardly glad his owner didn't have to engage in battle.

=======================================

Universe: Deified

Deified is owned by: thundercrowned

Rosenkreuz is owned by: heavenly_autumn

This was written for our rp in discord. I hope you enjoy.