Findings

As Varael managed to sneak in both mansions based on the contract she gave Giles, she couldn't believe all her findings. She gritted her teeth upon learning about the secret of the serums and the root of the vampire infestation in the walled kingdom.

"So the vampires are people who took the failed hunter serums," she mumbled as she was in the grand highway, hiding in plain sight. She couldn't believe that the vampire infestation hundreds of years ago really came from Haimus. She couldn't believe that the reason why there were a lot of people in her homeland got turned into a vampire was because of Haimus' tricks in its sleeve. Sure, she finally found out that the Blackwings were the royal family of Haimus but it was never stated who made the vampire serums.

She also read in the files she found in both mansions about the hunter serums also originating in Haimus. She was thankful for the Soulbearers, most especially Mayari Soulbearer, as the first hunter serums were made because of them. 

She made a lot of findings but one struck her the most:

Why would the Soulbearers be interested in that person?

It didn't make any sense why would they try to investigate that person. She heaved a sigh as she was still trying to process everything. She turned on her communicator and began reporting to Giles all her findings only about Mavus.

"Leader of Rosenkreuz, the only thing I can say in order to find her whereabouts is to look for this girl named Amelie. Based on all the data I have gathered, these two are best of friends and they both promised each other to always keep in touch. With that, the contract is finished," she concluded her report and looked at the stars as the ghostly form of Tloque showed up and was looking at Durandel.

"Your contract with him is done, am I correct? You have finish your part of the deal. We need to bring your beloved Sleeping Beauty back to life," he mumbled as he was getting impatient. Varael blinked and chuckled as she gently held Durandel.

"Yes, I have finished my end of the contract," she spoke to Tloque softly as she looked at Durandel. A small frown was painted on her face as she remembered her findings about Mavus.

"That child, Mavus, needs a lot of therapy after all that abuse she had gone through," Tloque mumbled as he remembered all the recordings and videos they played in the Soulbearer mansion. The wandering hunter heaved a sigh and said, "Now I understand why the leader of Rosenkreuz wishes to take her. Her father is a cruel man."

Silence... Peaceful silence.

"So what is your next plan of action, huntress?" Tloque asked her while looking at the stars. It was also a good thing the ravenette managed to find some files about Oscure. One of the members caught her attention.

"There is one person that I wish to investigate," she answered as she remembered seeing another name in the member's file. The picture of the other person mentioned in the file matched the appearance Tloque said before: emerald eyes and golden hair. Perhaps the other person was  the supposed to be owner of Durandel. She just needed to find another proof before she look for the member of Oscure.

"This will be interesting," Tloque smirked as he figured out what she was thinking. After all, he knew who the target Varael was suppose to kill, and she was on the right track... For now.

=============================================

Universe: Deified

Deified belongs to: thundercrowned

Rosenkreuz and Giles belong to heavenly_autumn

This was written for our rp in discord. I hope you enjoy.