Unchosen

A cave where there were countless corpses surrounding the center of the room. In the middle of this chaos was a silver keystaff. A weapon that chose its owner, but its owner didn't choose it as their weapon.

"Filthy humans, do not touch me!" a male voice snapped as another body fell onto the ground. A reckless human who didn't heed the warnings. You see, a lot of mortals and hunters have been trying to obtain this weapon in all means available as this weapon is a powerful one. There were countless tales that this weapon actually has an owner. It also has a twin weapon and only one of them could only be chosen.

Silence. Darkness.

A ghostly figure of a man showed up as he let out a yawn while leaning on the keystaff. He looked at every victim who were too brash and reckless. As he counted the bodies on the floor, he couldn't help but click his tongue in disappointment.

"These humans just never know how to listen," he mumbled and stretched for a bit as he looked at the spot where the other weapon was supposed to be. A small frown was painted on his face while he was remembering that time they had both chosen an owner.

"I wonder how was the child doing. It had been two years since the choice was made."

THUD!

He looked at the source of the sound only to widen his eyes in surprise. The brunette child was all bloodied and bruised, and on the verge of dying. A ghostly form of a white-haired woman appeared and faced the man.

"Haliya," he greeted with a nod as he waited for an explanation.

"It's been a long time, Bakunawa," the woman with the eye patch spoke and looked at the dying ponytailed girl sadly as she continued, "Mavus needs your help. Do you think you could heal her?"

He blinked and looked at Mavus. The child was taking slow breaths as her eyes were turning dull. She couldn't move as she was desperately trying to prolong her life as much as possible.

"This is the reason why I prefer to be chosen instead of you, Haliya. You couldn't even take good care of her," he mumbled as he healed all the brunette's wounds and injuries. Mavus gasped for air and lost consciousness just right after he healed her. The black-haired man heaved a sigh and spoke, "It just happens that a reckless mortal got drained out just right before you both arrived. How did the child get those injuries?"

Haliya took a deep breath and closed her eyes because she was shaken by what she had seen before she brought her owner to Bakunawa. Once she managed to calm down, she answered, "Mavus tried battling her father head on."

"And how did she sustained a deadly injury on the head?" he asked her as he crossed his arms and he was not happy at what happened. 

"Her father almost killed her by pulling her by her hair and hit her head repeatedly on the table," Haliya croaked out and as her hands formed into fists. You see, she was disappointed at herself for not being able to do anything at all. She was about to help Mavus but Mavus didn't want her to help as the child was afraid her father would do something if he heard of her finally having a hunter's weapon.

Bakunawa clicked his tongue and simply patted Haliya's shoulder while saying, "Do not blame yourself for what happened. It is true that she didn't choose me but I am still her weapon like you. I thank you for bringing her here as I finally be of use to her even though I am her weapon that she wouldn't be able to wield."

"...She should have chosen you, Bakunawa... You could protect her with your ability..."

"Even though both of you have the same powers, she chose you because she knew you could bring people to safety with your ability," he reminded the woman with a small smile. He then looked at the unconscious child once more and continued, "She willingly sacrificed her fate in exchange of hope. She chose the others instead of herself."

To be honest, he knew Haliya's point because if he was chosen by Mavus, he could have healed her there and then while Haliya would quietly follow them and occasionally help Mavus when she wasn't looking. Since the child chose Haliya, the only thing he could do to the hunter was healing her if she was brought to him in exchange of the life energy of another. Haliya and Mavus were lucky that a mortal came just right before them because if Bakunawa didn't have any visitors that day, he wouldn't be able to heal his owner. A frown was painted on his face as he remembered the head injury the hunter got.

"Once she wakes up, expect for her to lose some, if not all, of her memories. Those injuries were too much," he explained as he turned his back to the woman and the unconscious hunter. He began walking back to his spot as he continued speaking, "Just bring her to me if she is injured. It is the only thing I can do to aid her."

"Thank you, Bakunawa. You don't know how much this means to me," Haliya softly said and thankfully bowed to him. He just waved his hands in a dismissive manner and responded, "Like I said, she is still my owner. The moon's curse turned out to be a blessing for this child."

There were a couple of footsteps heard from afar. The black haired man already knew he had more visitors to drain life with if they would even try wielding him.

"It's time to bring her back before someone sees the both of you. You know where to find me if you need me. We are both bounded by the moon."

===========================================

Universe: Deified

The universe is owned by: 

This was written for our roleplay in discord. I hope you enjoy.