Durandel

As she was brought to the cultivation room where the weapon of light was kept, Varael couldn't help but look at the human test tubes. She then remembered what Tloque said to her in her dream:

"Hidden where memories sleep. A painful memory in the middle of the pillars of blood and murder as science didn't find its way to provide the answer being sought for. A city whose color can be red in oh so many ways. A cross without an altar." 

"Pillars of blood and murder," she whispered to herself as she saw Tloque's ghostly figure floating and looking around. She honestly had no idea if the leader of the Rosenkreuz, Giles Corey, could see him.

"Over there, Varael," Tloque spoke and pointed at the box near the human test tubes. The ravenette was silent was she just looked at Tloque. For a hunter's weapon, Tloque sure was doing his best to help her much to her surprise. Even at the moment Varael had no idea where to go after finding him in the grand cathedral, Tloque would often show himself and would point the way. If only her weapon could drag her, she felt like Tloque would really do it.

"Do you doubt me, master?" he asked while frowning as he noticed her staring at his ghostly figure. Aware that Giles was also there, he understood why Varael was just silent and was just giving him a confused look instead of saying anything. 

"I've chosen countless hunters before you and only few would really take the risk of finding me," he explained to her while floating around her. The blond crossed his arms and continued, "The last hunter who found me before you simple hid me in that cathedral thinking I was a demon after I showed him my memory."

Varael blinked and let out a small frown after hearing his story. Sure, Tloque would try to make himself sound mysterious, but when he was leading her to Sephira, he was similar to a child who seemed excited to go to a carnival.

"I was supposed to say that you should considered yourself lucky that I am helping you, but I am actually the one who is lucky since you didn't run away or give up on me," he muttered with a huff as he looked at the box once more since he didn't want to look at her.

"Durandel is stored here," Giles calmly said as he unwrap the box from the cloth, revealing a shining dagger. Varael snapped back to reality and glanced at Tloque's ghostly form as she realized that she was the only one who could see him. She was about to look at the dagger when...

"WAIT!" Tloque said as he rushed in front of her which made her look at him.

"Do not look at Durandel directly at all cost," he instructed her as the boy bit his lip while trying to mask his worry.

"I don't wish to see my chosen master to get blinded just because of her beloved," he mumbled and looked away once more. The purple-eyed huntress let out a small smile upon hearing his words. She lightly bowed at him and then let the thickest smoke her ability could make cover her eyes.

"So Durandel has not chosen its owner yet?" she asked Giles as she glanced at him.

Giles shook his head and replied, "No one yet, but I think he will redeem you as worthy if what you said about him being your beloved is true."

She paused for a while and glanced at the Tloque upon seeing him giving her a nod silently saying that it would be okay. She then faced Giles once more and spoke, "Then perhaps, I can try... I simply wish to bring him back to what he was."  

"Go ahead," he spoke to her as he stepped away from the box.

"Just don't get literally and figuratively blinded by love, master," Tloque mumbled under his breath as he went to her side. With a nod, Varael reached for Durandel and whispered softly,

"I finally found you, Sleeping Beauty. I promise to bring you back."

Durandel's blinding glow immediately toned down to the point it looked like the moon's light, making it safe for Varael to look at it without shielding her eyes. She faintly heard a Latin prayer coming from the dagger and she sensed it asking her to be freed from being trapped by the holy light. She held Durandel gently with shaky hands as she removed the smoke from her eyes.

"C-casey," she croaked out as she held back her tears.

"Worry not, master. Since Durandel deemed you worthy, we only need to find the vampire who killed his supposed to be owner and we can finally bring him back," Tloque softly spoke and let out a small smile as he looked at Durandel.
===============================================

Universe: Deified
Deified is owned by: thundercrowned

Giles and Rosenkreuz is owned by: heavenly_autumn
This was written for the roleplay in discord. I hope you like it.