Rumors

"Haven't you heard of the news? There is a prince from a foreign kingdom who is actually here in Thoren!" one of the huntress of Assynthia spoke excitedly to the others as her eyes were twinkling happily. Her group of friends were actually interested in what she had to say as it was rare to hear anything about royalties from other kingdoms.

"A prince from another kingdom? Why would a prince come here in Thoren?" one of her friends asked curiously. The huntress placed her tray on the table and took a seat as her smile was still plastered on her face.

"From what I've heard, he came from a kingdom whose royal family only talks to the townspeople through music. They always have this ritual under the stars as a reminder about everyone being equal."

"I think I heard of that one while I was walking down the streets. The new hunter is the center of gossip lately," another hunter spoke while the others looked at him.

"I heard he was exiled because having a mute in the royal family would mean a bad omen?" he continued as the huntress, who was telling the story, puffed her cheeks because she wanted to be the one telling that part of the story. She crossed her arms in annoyance and looked to the side, but noticed the new recruit walking by.

"Oi! Lukas Lockheart!" the huntress called out while waving. The brown-haired boy stopped in his tracks and turned to the huntress. He let out a small smile and bowed to them politely as a greeting. The other hunters waved at him with a smile and invited him to join them. He was about to accept the offer when the announcement from the speakers said that he was being summoned to the head office. He then politely declined the offer by bowing, in which the others understood.

"That new recruit sure is strange. Do you think he is really is an exiled prince?" one of the hunters asked as they all watched Lukas leaving the mess hall. The huntress giggled and leaned back on her seat while saying, "I wouldn't be surprised if he is an actual prince. I mean, look at him and his movements! He's like a prince from the fairy tales!"

One of the hunters was reading a book about a kingdom far from their country. She was actually listening to her friends as she was also curious about the news. Reading the rumored kingdom where the new recruit came from, she blurted out while showing the book to them, "The kingdom he might have came from is well known because of maintaining peace and order. There is no vampire sightings in there too."

The others blinked and looked at the book.

"Oh that kingdom... But of all places to go to, why would he be here in Haimus?" one of them wondered out loud.

"Who knows? I heard he went on a pilgrimage before he even got here."

=====================================

Universe: Deified

The universe is owned by: thundercrowned

This is written for a roleplay in Discord. I hope you all enjoy.