Lost

Her eyes snapped wide open as she gasped for air. Her heart was beating really fast after having a nightmare of forgetting people who are important to her. She found herself in her bedroom which made her wonder what actually happened.

'How did I get here?' she asked herself in silence as she looked around. Her eyes then landed on the blood stains on the sides of her table. A flash of memory played in her head and it made her shake uncontrollably.

"...O-okay... Let's try remembering the important things... I still remember everyone's names... Then... Then... My name... Is Mavus Soulbearer..." she then paused and frowned.

"...No... My name isn't that short... I'm sure of it..." she mumbled as she held her weapon close to her. She had to remember her whole name because she used her other given name to her friend in the park. She had to remember or she wouldn't know if he- Wait.

What does her friend look like again? What does Chang-min look like again? Why couldn't she remember? First, her other given name then him? What did just happen? Whose blood was on the side of the table? Was it hers?

Tears began falling down as she felt really lost and helpless. She felt lost because she couldn't remember what her friend looked like and she felt helpless because she couldn't do anything to remember him. She looked at the date today and realized she couldn't remember what happened yesterday. She needed to know what happened. She needed to remember what she had forgotten. Why couldn't she? What happened to her?

"Mavus... Soulbearer... My name is... Not just Mavus Soulbearer..." she croaked out as she shook more and more while tears continuously fell down. She couldn't accept she had forgotten. She couldn't accept she was suffering with amnesia.

"N-no... No! I REMEMBER EVERYTHING BUT THEM! I NEED TO REMEMBER! I HAVE TO REMEMBER!" she cried as she wouldn't be able to forgive herself if she wouldn't be able to remember her friend at least. She could only remember his name and nothing more. The door opened and she turned to the person who was on the door.

"What's wrong, Mavus? What happened?" a white-haired girl asked as she closed the door and sat down on the side of the bed. Mavus broke into sobs and began mumbling about the things she couldn't remember, especially about a friend whom she loved. The white-haired girl rubbed her back comfortingly as she knew what Mavus' father did yesterday.

To be honest, the white-haired girl was surprised to see her in good condition. No wounds, no bleeding, and no signs of injuries as the white-haired girl was supposed to help her after Icen left the room last night, but Mavus was gone the moment the white-haired girl entered.  Hearing what the brunette said made her frown as she really thought she was simply imagining things last night.

It was real all along. Icen repeatedly hitting Mavus and the blood on the table was actually hers.

She pulled the brunette in an embrace to comfort her while saying with a reassuring tone, "...I'm sure those memories will come back to you. Don't force yourself. They will come back in the right time."

"...What if they won't come back to me, Amelie?" Mavus croaked out as she was wiping her tears with her sleeved. Amelie just let out a gentle smile and patted her head while saying, "I'm sure they will. I'll help you regain your memories back."

=========================================

Universe: Deified

Amelie and the universe belongs to: thundercrowned

This was written for our roleplay in discord. I hope you enjoy.