Rescue

As she was walking in the city of Istoresya, she began wondering if she would find the vampire she was looking for in Noah's base. Sure, it would be hard to sneak in, but she heard rumors about Noah's base being abandoned. The wandering hunter finally reached a research building.

"Be careful, Varael," Durandel spoke to her as she filled the inside of the building with smoke in order for her to veil herself just in case there would be danger nearby. Tloque showed his ghostly form and clicked his tongue.

"Master, there is something in there that hunter weapons couldn't kill. I suggest for you to gather the ancient ingredients that could kill a vampire that wasn't born from the serums," Tloque pointed out as he was glaring at a passage. Varael stopped in her tracks as she looked at her items at hand.

"...But those kind of vampires don't mingle with humans anymore," she mumbled as she realize she didn't have any of those items at hand. She cautiously walked in the halls and found the kitchen. She dashed to the cabinets and found salt.

"Everything changes from time to time, master," Tloque mumbled as he was eyeing a wooden stake. He then gestured for Varael to take it with her before she continues exploring the building. The huntress did as she read about these types of vampires in books back when she was still in the walled kingdom. The walled kingdom may be known because of its incredible architecture and engineering, but little did the world know that this kingdom have enough knowledge about the forgotten arts.

Hearing muffled voices, she looked at the door and took a deep breath before going out of the kitchen. She followed the source of the sound until she found an open passage. Hearing the flapping of wings, she immediately hid behind the nearest shelf while clearing out all the smoke.

"AHAHAHAHA! I WANT MORE!" a flying female torso screeched as she flew out from the passage and out of the base. Varael's eyes widened as she remained still in her hiding spot.

"...A... Manananggal? Why would it mingle with humans?" she breathed out with a shaking voice. She immediately snapped back to reality and remembered the muffled voices she heard from that passage, so she took haste and went to the passage. In that passage, she saw two people who were tied up unconscious. She looked around the room and saw the lower half of a body standing in the darkest corner of the room. Tloque was already urging her to sprinkle the salt on the lower half of the body, but she chose not to do it yet. She glanced at the unconscious people once more and used her communicator in the hopes the one she was about to talk to would be able to help her identify these people.

"Can the leader of Rosenkreuz hear me?" she asked as she began looking for anything that could help her identify these two individuals. One of them was a black haired man with a bandage on his eye and the other was a woman whose hair was tied to a ponytail.

"I can hear you," Giles responded with a monotonous tone. It was evident that he was busy reading some files. He continued, "Do you need anything from me?"

"I found two unconscious individuals," she answered as she made her way to them. She began checking their clothes wondering if there were any identification cards and continued, "One of them has a bandage on his left eye. I found them in a passage where a manananggal came out of."

From her side, she heard the sound of the seat being pushed back as if someone immediately stood up in surprise.

"That man is William, my subordinate!" the leader exclaimed and the huntress just ended up looking at the two hunters. She held Tloque and began using the knife to cut the ropes that tied these two hunters. Hearing that William is from Rosenkreuz, she quickly thought that the girl was also from the same organization, but she didn't want to make quick assumptions.

  "Then I shall bring him to you," she finally spoke and finally freed the two. She looked at the girl and asked, "Do you know of the identity of the huntress who is with him?"  

"She is Anastasia Danforth from Assynthia, that girl was also kidnapped by the vampire," Giles answered in a calm manner and accidentally blurted out, "At least he is safe."  

Hearing how worried the leader of Rosenkreuz for the well-being of his hunter, she just looked around and began to wonder how she would be able to bring these two out as she could only bring one person at a time. She eventually found a wagon.

"These hunters will do fine," Tloque hummed as he was actually looking at the manananggal's lower half of the body. Varael managed to place the two hunters to the wagon while Tloque continued, "Just veil them with your smoke so you wouldn't look like you were bringing some corpses with you."

The huntress nodded and took the salt out while making her way to the lower body of the vampire while saying to the person in the other side of the communicator, "Then I will bring the hunters to their respective organization."

"Also, I found the manananggal's lower half."

She took a deep breath and began sprinkling salt on the lower half as she began listening to movements knowing the vampire would return to her lower half. The flapping of wings were heard. She quickly took out the stake as she already knew what to do.

"Prepare yourself, Varael," Durandel told her as she finished responding to Giles and muted her microphone. Her grip on the stake tightened as silence filled the air. She could feel her heart beating really fast as the room was filled with dread. She held her breath as she waited for the manananggal to strike at her after she sprinkled salt on the body.

"YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS!" the vampire screeched and immediately flew towards her. On instinct, she ducked and went behind the vampire. She gave the vampire a swift kick to the side, but the vampire managed to dodge her attack. She clicked her tongue and used Tloque to block the vampire's attack.

The vampire screeched once more as she tried scratching Varael with her elongated fingers, but Varael managed to evade her attack and sliced off her tongue with Tloque. As the vampire screamed in pain, she wasted no time striking the vampire's chest with the stake and immediately took steps back before the vampire could reach her.

She had to cover her ears because the screaming of the manananggal was too loud and too high. She even had to close her eyes in order to focus on not hearing the screams. As silence filled the room once more, she opened her eyes and saw the body turning into ash. The smell of a burned corpse immediately filled the air which made her eyes water as she was doing her best not to throw up.

"We have to leave, master," Tloque spoke as Varael began pulling the wagon with her. She veiled the unconscious hunters with smoke as if they were simply a lump of black unknown. As soon as she exited the base, she walked in the dark alleys of the city to hide herself in the shadows.

"The only thing I know is that the vampire I'm looking for isn't even there..." she mumbled as she took the path to the highway.

=================================

Deified is owned by: thundercrowned

Giles, Rosenkreuz, and Anastasia (the other unconscious hunter) are owned by: heavenly_autumn