The Wandering Hunter

"It's been five years now, and there are still no signs of you anywhere. Where are you? Are you still alive?"

In this cold and starlit night, a hooded figure was sitting on the edge of a cliff that overlooked the whole walled kingdom. They gazed at the stars as their cloak, that seemed to be lighter than any cloth ever existed, thickened by its own just so it could protect them from the cold. They slowly leaned back and let out a deep breath as they tried relaxing themselves.

"As days gone by, I keep on wondering if you will come back alive and well. The war has ended and the prince managed to wipe out the ferocious vampires out of the whole kingdom. Everyone eventually started new lives and moved on, but here I am still waiting for you even after all that."

They finally lied down on the ground as they were lost in their thoughts. You see, this figure is a hunter and they have been waiting for the one they love as this part of the cliff was the place where they would always meet talking about their dreams and plans in life with a loving smile plastered on their faces.

"You know, everything is pointless without you here. Wherever you are, I hope you are alive and well. I love you... I always do."

They reminisced those old times when their beloved was still with them. Those days, months, and years, they shared with bliss. Even the littlest moment mattered to them as their beloved was there in those memories. Their heart was yearning for the person lost and missing. The person who just stopped coming and disappeared without a trace. The person who suddenly vanished without saying goodbye. The person they would do everything to meet again and envelope in their arms.

They wiped the tears that escaped their purple-hued eyes as they were longing for their beloved... As they were afraid that their beloved have died alone and in fear... They wished to the stars to hear their pleas as they simply wanted to be reunited to the one whom they gave their heart to.

Just this one time... Just this one time... Could the heavens please hear their wish? It was just one wish and they would ask for nothing more after all that. Is wishing like that too much? If it was, then why would the others who wished for something almost impossible have their wish granted? They promised they would do everything that would grant them their wish. Would the heavens listen and grant them the only wish they had?

They closed their eyes as they fell into slumber after grieving with the hopes they could at least meet the beloved in their dreams... Even if those dreams were just illusions created by the mind as they were desperate... To relive all those memories at least.

"I see a hunter whose devotion to their beloved is stronger than the indestructible forces of nature," a male voice mused in the darkness.

They immediately snapped their eyes wide open and noticed that they were surrounded in darkness. They felt their body floating on air as they were now fully conscious of their surroundings. They tried moving but it seemed that they were under a spell. They tried using their ability but they just really couldn't move. They knew they were trapped and that they were at the mercy of the voice.

"Who's there?" they asked as they were still trying to break free from the spell that was caste upon them.