Prologue

Why? Why am I laying here in a puddle of my own blood? Is this really how someone who has been the metaphorical doormat ends?

As my eyes shift towards the right, I see the couple sticking together in a passionate kiss. Seeming to forget about me laying here next to them.

You might be wondering: How'd you end up this way? The simplest answer, I was delusioned. Ha ha! I, Melanie Harbinger, have lived my life meekly. Supressing the more maniacal urges hidden within myself. Why would I do so? Well, it's against the law to commit murder just because someone offends you in our society.

Strict laws actually make it so if anyone exhibits signs of instability, they're to be locked up and sometimes put to death. Like a defective mutt bred into a litter of well bred canines.

Not to say that I never indulged. I really shouldn't be dying in the middle of my living room. I'd have much preferred to have been killed by any number of people I've been paid to kill in the past as preferred to who actually injured me to this extent.

There, in front of me, making disgusting wet sounds made from their mouths, were my high school sweetheart and my baby sister. Why I found this so surprising? He had only met her a few times that I actually knew of and most of the time she'd be locked up in her room or out with friends upon visits. She'd actually never shown any sign of being a complete total bitch.

Yes, yes. I was a psychopath within my own rights and it's probably an inborn disease soaked into our bones but it still shocked me. Stupid but true.

Unlike in movies, I got no explanation. Just blatant disregard as they began tearing off their clothes. It would've been more upsetting had I cared. I might've been more upset at the fact that the two people who should've appreciated me, plotted together to kill me. Too bad I didn't kill them first, was my only thought. I've learned from my mistakes.

It's a bit late though as my vision begins to fade before everything turns completely black.