Chapter 4

Using that skill drained a large chunk of her physical strength. When Mei had used her Shadow Cut technique it utilizes the body's strength and unfortunately Mei hadn't gotten her body to where she was in her previous life. Although she was strong in cultivation, she didn't know how to use that with her previous skills. When she gets back she needs to figure out a way to meld the two.

She stumbled a bit and Senri caught her elbow to steady her. I'm touching Miss. Is this inappropriate? Were both dressed as men right now though.

Mei was unaware of Senri's inner struggles. "Thanks, Senri."

She didn't pull away and instead wrapped an arm through one of his. Some people begun to give them weird looks until they saw how beautiful the both of them were. The expressions changed back and forth from disgust to interest, not knowing how to react to this kind of situation.

Senri blushed red as Mei dragged him towards the Signboard. 

"This must be the Job you heard about," Mei spoke up, completely ignoring the people staring at them.

Senri pried his eyes away from the stares and looked to where Mei was pointing. There was a Job written on a gold parchment, clearly sticking out from the others written on regular white. It was gaudy and extremely unnecessary just for a job to collect medicinal herbs.

The only information was that in order to sign up for the Job you needed to place your Token against the parchment and the Mercenary Acquisition will choose the people for it. A detailed description with the date, time, and location will pop up on the Token if you're accepted. Both Senri and Mei, after inputting their Qi into the Tokens, placed them onto the parchment and it glowed blue for a brief second before returning to silver.

"Well, I think that's it. I'd choose other jobs just in case but right now I still need to go back and work on combat training. Plus after you were almost plundered back there, maybe you should also concentrate on training as well."

"Yes, Miss," Senri inclined his head slightly, "I'll follow your sugg-"

His voice was cut off by a scream from behind them. A crowd begun to shift together near the Alley's entrance. Mei gripped Sei's arm and used a Shadow Movement, weaving through the people who were inquisitive about what happened.

Someone had clearly found the mincemeat pervert. Why was someone even in the damn alley? Mei had no answer to that but by the time Senri and her made it back to her courtyard she was close to collapsing. It had been the second time pushing her physical strength's limit.

This damn body.. it's really strong in Cultivating but so weak in Physical Form. There was a difference in what Mei was talking about. One was a strength that was supported by Qi and Cultivating techniques. The other was an explosive strength that was constantly underneath the skin and didn't require anything to release it.

Previously she'd used 'Skills' such as the Shadow Movement and Shadow Cut; she'd only used her body's natural strength. Although it seemed like she had used a cultivating technique, all she really did was push the limits of her body. Skills didn't need years of comprehension. It was a type of ability that just needed a lot of practice to learn, kind of similar to muscle memory.

There were a few Cultivating Techniques that Mei actually knew from the previous Mei's memories but they weren't anything worthwhile. One was 'Wind Step' and she only learned the very basics.. which only meant she could run a bit faster. Really useless compared to her Shadow Movement skill. Mei trashed that specific Technique.