Chapter 13

(A/N: I just want to make sure that my Readers know this Novel is very slow on updates. I will on the rare occasion release a chapter but I find that the difficulty in outlining and writing a chapter for this story plot line is tedious at best. Hopefully this doesn't disappoint you all but here's a new chapter to make up for my slow releases. Happy Holidays. :) )

Brax had tried to leave the class in a hurry but Mei was faster and easily caught up to retreating figure. 

"X! Stop walking so damn fast," Mei cursed as she finally caught up to the strange kid. Students who had heard her cuss couldn't help but give her disbelieving and disapproving looks but when they saw it was a beauty they were even more shocked.

Mei didn't pay them any attention because she honestly couldn't be bothered. Brax was just so intriguing that she couldn't leave him alone. When she had called out to him his footsteps had slowed marginally. He kept his head tilted down with his hair still covering what laid beneath. 

"Do you have a class after this?"

Brax shook his head at her question and she smiled a bit. "Do you mind if we go back to my room?"

Mei hadn't really been paying attention to what she was saying or how it could be misconstrued. The mass of students around the two of them looked at her in horror at what she had asked. What kind of woman invites a man back to her room and so brazenly states their intentions for the entire school?!

Her eyes had never strayed from Brax so she immediately saw the slight change on his body. Where his neck and hair met, a rather deep red had begun flushing his pale skin. Mei paused briefly to check back on what she had said and figure out why he was acting strangely. 

"Oh! No, no, no. I'm not asking you to have sex with me! What kind of minds do you people have? Hentai," she sniffed in disgust at those still lingering to listen in on her conversation. They hurriedly shuffled away in embarrassment when they noticed she had directed that last word at them.  

Brax hesitated when she waited for him to either agree or disagree to her request. 

"Look, I just wanted to know because you seem like a descent guy and I'd really like to have a friend. Aside from my maid that is. She doesn't count."

He slightly nodded his head and the hair covering his face slightly shifted, giving Mei a brief glimpse. Mei was shocked. What she could see hadn't been terrifying but neither was it appealing. Had he not had scarring she was positive he'd be classed as a number one beauty. 

Unfortunately a jagged raised scar ran across the eye she had caught a glimpse of. By the looks of it, it seems as though someone had taken a dagger and slashed across both eyes; blinding him. 

"X, are you blind?"

He hesitated briefly before giving a subtle nod. Mei didn't gasp in shock but her mouth did slightly part incredulously. Not to long ago he had been kicking her ass in Martial Arts and he did so with being blind as a bat. 

Mei made a sound of acknowledgement before gripping his clean grey robe's sleeve and pulling him along with her. They were given weird stares from the other students but Mei ignored the clear scorn on their faces. It wasn't anyone's business what she did with her friends. 

'I wonder how Senri is doing? He should be healed up by now from the earlier session.' Mei hummed thoughtfully and continued to lead the way to her room. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Senri groaned as he began twitching from the release of his acupoints and the mind shredding pain he'd been subjected to. His young Miss was just a little insane. He hadn't even been able to voice up his concerns nor wake up properly before she'd attacked him. Hopefully that was the last he'd have to see that odd concoction. 

As he was attempting to wriggle his toes the door to the room flung open behind him. His face was turned towards the opposite wall so he had to try and sense who had just barged in. 

"Is that you young Miss?"

"Senri! I've brought my friend X with me. He's rather quiet though so don't mind him if he doesn't respond to your usual nonsensical diatribe." 

"Miss! You're a young lady! Don't invite strange men into your room!"

His argument would probably have been taken moderately serious if he was actually facing Mei and not staring at the wall. Oh and the little fact that Senri was a boy as well. Mei rolled her eyes at his antics. 

"Don't mind Senri, X. Senri just went through that time of the month. Last night and all of today has been rather taxing on the body, if you know what I mean," she stated with a sly wink in Brax's direction. It wasn't like he would be able to see her wink anyways but she didn't mind. 

"Can I see your face?"

Mei had plopped herself on the bed next to Senri and began to pet his back like an animal. Brax nodded his head slightly and followed her voice to the bed. 

Brax wished he could actually talk normally to this strange female but his vocal cords were damaged and it was hurting from earlier when he spoke to her. Mei didn't seem to mind though since she'd noticed how raspy it had sounded previously, so he was content to allow her to do most of the talking. When he sat down on the bed, he had to scoot a leg over but stopped when there was a groan of pain. He tilted his head slightly in Senri's direction which set Mei off into giggles. 

"Okay. Don't mind Senri. Lets have a look at that mug of yours," she excitedly shouted before grabbing Brax's chin and pulling him towards her. With her other hand she pushed the hair from his face. 

"Oh wow! Brax, you're hot stuff! Even with that scar. Ah! Don't open your eyes. Scared the hell out of me." 

When she had told him he  was 'hot stuff' he'd opened his unseeing eyes and nearly gave Mei a heart attack. It wasn't because they were damaged and ugly. No, that would've been preferable. What she'd seen was just complete white. There were no haze or glazed appearance; just complete white. Reminded her of those possession movies from her time. 

"Hmm," she said thoughtfully as she ran her fingers over the scars on his eyes and neck. Mei had began to use a bit of her 'Euphoria' and looking at the damage done to his body. There it was. The reason for the scarring and set back was because of the poison locking his magic out of healing the damage. 

"Brax, I can fix your injuries but I will need certain Medicinal Plants. One of them is really rare. My only issue is that I don't have any money to help assist you in locating these items. We can always go search for them ourselves," she trailed off when Brax held a hand up for her to be quiet. 

She watched him shake his head and open his mouth as if preparing to speak but realized it hurt to much, so gave a disgusted snort. He began slapping his chest and mimicking handing something to an invisible person. 

"Are you saying you will pay for it?"

He nodded his head enthusiastically. Mei thought it over but agreed it would be for the best. 

"Some of these items are seriously expensive. Are you sure it will be fine?"

Brax nodded his head again in reassurance. This made Mei wonder who exactly this kid was. He seemed self assured that he could buy the items. She wasn't going to be the one to sink his sails if he couldn't. 

"Miss, there's an Auction being held at the end of the Month. Maybe they will have what you're seeking," Senri grumbled slightly from behind her. Mei noticed that he'd managed to get himself into a semi sitting position. 

"Good. Brax, meet us at the Yang Household the morning of the day of the Auction and we'll go together."

She clapped her hands excitedly when he nodded. Looks like she had Brax's problem solved and wouldn't need to worry about collecting money. For some reason she really wanted to heal him and subconsciously knew that she could trust him.

A/N: Edited this a bit since some of the info wasn't correct.