Chapter 16

Mei woke up to the morning light spilling in through the sheer fabric that covered the window. It was surprising that Senri hadn't woken her today; then again he was probably terrified she'd put him through excruciating pain again. Little did he know that regardless of what he wanted today would be another hellish day.

A sneeze echoed around the kitchen that Senri was currently cooking Mei's breakfast in. "Am I catching a cold," He wondered out loud as he set a hand to his forehead with a frown.

Mei pulled herself from the bed and set her dainty feet on the cooled flooring.

Today that handsome boatman was supposed to be arriving. Which meant that Mei should get to work writing out simple exercises he could preform before teaching him ways to manipulate his element in offense.

"Where should I start? It would be much easier if I start with the basics and branch off from there I suppose."

Mei began going over the information she learned from her mother before she was sent to get a 'proper' education.

In the Lower Realm, the Plane she was currently living on, everyone has an affinity for individual Elements. Some have more than just one though; they were considered God's Blessing. There was wild speculation that the King of Shui Lui (Water Willow) was envious of those who held more than a Dual affinity.

Most of those who were found to have this quality seemed to miraculously vanish before they could create a name for themselves.

Well it didn't matter to her whether there was some nefarious schemes happening as long as it didn't effect her. She took up a writing utensil and the inking materials needed.

Mei hummed in thought before beginning to write. After an hour she looked back over her work and chuckled in pleasure. If she hadn't known any better it would've sounded as though this information was passed down by an Immortal.

Index:
Chapter 1: Basics in Water Element
Chapter 2: Proper Meditation
Chapter 3: Beginning Techniques that can be Utiltized
Chapter 4: Advanced Techniques
Sub Category 1: Offensive
Sub Category 2: Defensive
Sub Category 3: Movement
Sub Category 4: Healing
Chapter 5: High Tier Techniques on how to Change Water into Ice

In the first chapter it went over the History of this specific Element. It frustrated Mei how many people were essentially throwing away talent due to ignorance on a subject.

Chapter 1: Basics in Water Element

"In order to obtain an understanding of this Element you must first understand that every Element originates from the same source: Yourself. Cultivation holds no bounds except for the ones we place upon ourselves. There were no guidelines nor easy steps given in the beginning to better understand the Elements but we were given the ability to study our own bodies.

If you aren't given a book telling you how to accomplish mastery, would you then not have power over your Element(s)? No. Reasoning for this is due in part because it is a natural product of who you are.

For years the Element of Water was thought to be the strongest but over time, when the people lost touch with understanding they labeled it as weak. Once, Water was capable of not only attacks and defense but healing as well. Now, most believe that only Light Element can heal wounds.

In order to grasp the Water Element and better know yourself, you first must know the human body...'

The rest of the chapter goes into detailed science pertaining to the Human body; listing how much water resides inside et c. Mei was shocked she could recall all of this information but didn't look a gift horse in the mouth.. Whatever that meant.