Chapter 15

Mei and Senri made it back to the other side of the waterway and were greeted by the same carriage waiting for them. There was the new addition of Mei's mother though which surprised her. 

"Mother, why did you come along to retrieve us?"

Her mother smiled at her through the veil she wore as she stroked the pink locks of hair behind Mei's ear. 

"It's a nice day today and your Father went to the Main Branch in town for a quick meeting. Do you not want me here?"

Mei visibly reeled back at the question before shaking her head. Although this wasn't her mother she felt the strong kinship pull regardless. It made it difficult to hold any other emotion but happiness when she received the older woman's atffection. This was an oddity to Mei but she let it wash through her because it was so different from most emotions she felt to others.

Her mother sighed gently, "Mei, you're very much like me. Time will change those who collect it but no matter what familial love is ever present, never changing. Live the life you wish to and if ever I bother you, you may tell me." 

She smiled at Mei before grabbing the smaller hand and pulling her daughter into the carriage. Mei felt confused about what she had meant. Did she mean that as people get older the only thing that doesn't change is the bond we hold with family? Or was it something else? No matter, Mei would put that info into the back of her mind and carry on with her plans. 

One thing Mei had observed about her new mother was the underlying deadliness she could feel. Years as a trained assassin in her previous life has made her highly sensitive to killing intent. It was extremely strange to put that hidden killing intent with the gentle smiling face of her beautiful mother though, that's why she simply shrugged it off. They were her secrets to keep and she wouldn't be digging through them. 

"How was school? Did you have any problems?"

Senri made an odd noise which drew Mei's Mother's attention to him as well as his large breasts. Her eyes widened a bit before she covered her veil covered mouth with a dainty hand to giggle. 

"Senri, did Mei make them bigger?"

"Mistress, please don't tease me. Young miss has dragged me through the pits these past few days. My only saving was knowing we were to be heading home today but it seems my luck is just as bad," he pouted. 

Mei rolled her eyes, "Honestly Mother, Senri never stops complaining. I have taken time out of my days to improve his image as well as strengthen his cultivation and this is my thanks. Maybe we should look for a real maid."

"Young Miss, I was just joking! You know how thankful I am. I beg you, please keep torturing me!" 

Senri had flung himself to the floor of the carriage to wrap his arms around Mei's legs which pushed his fake breasts into her calve. Mei looked at her mother as she took the tea cup out of her hands that she had handed towards her. On closer inspection of the interior of the carriage, Mei realized there was a small table next to her mother with a tea set placed there. She was surprised that there wasn't any disturbances to the set from the rocking carriage. 

"Very well. I shall endeavor to live up to your request," she said before taking a sip of the tea. 

"Thank you, young miss, thank you."

Mei's mother laughed into her own tea as she watched the two interact. Poor Senri was manipulated and hadn't even realized it. 

"How have you been while I was away, Mother?"

Mei figured it was best to ask her mother this out of respect for the fact that she had asked Mei how she had been with school. Her mother took a sip of tea before smiling at her; which was rather difficult to notice if you weren't looking at the way her eyes gentled.