Chapter 1

(First Person POV)

Ha ~ what the hell? Why is it so damn bright? It felt like I went into reverse. My eyes had first gone black and now they're bright again. Almost like the sensation you get when entering a tunnel and then exiting it after a while.

When I opened my eyes, a cold light flashed through them. My hands were dainty, without any callouses seen. Not to mention the tanned golden skin I was used to had turned into a milky snow white skin nearly too translucent. Nails that were well taken care of could be seen as I turned my palms down on my lap.

Well. I'm not dead and I'm in someone else's body. How could I be sure? I was no longer a hardened almost 40 years old woman but from the looks of it I was in my teens.

As I looked around the room I was in, it took me a while to register what I was looking at. It was definitely Eastern from the looks of it. How'd I go from one country to another so fast.. Oh yeah, not me anymore.

Hmm, did that mean I switched nationalities as well? Looking around, I ended up finding an object that could reflect my image.

Huh. I looked close to how I did before with slight shifts to my facial features. Less masculine and more feminine. Where before my jaw was slightly chiseled, now it was lightly pointed. Two dimples perpetually rested on my cheeks and when I tried to smile they deepened further giving me an almost naive innocence I'd never fully mastered before.

Why would I want to master this kind of look you ask? Well because it would be a lot easier to kill people if they underestimated me.

Since I was in some foreign place and by the looks of it there was no electricity here, I was going to need something for self defense. No sooner had I thought of that I realized my hair had a jade pin in it. My hair was actually a light pink color, which kind of freaked me out since unless dyed, hair wasn't naturally pink.

Forgetting about that detail, I pulled the Jade pin out and held it in my hand before hiding it up the sleeve of my dress just before someone rushed into the room.

"Mei, are you okay?" A woman in her thirties came running into the room. From her reddish pink hair I could see we were probably related. As soon as she talked, information flooded my mind. It was almost like a fast course of learning jam packed into my brain.

This was my mother. My name was Yang Mei and I was fifteen years old. Previously I was a timid girl who hardly raised her head with my hair covering my face most of the time. Apparently I was constantly bullied by the others in the city and didn't like going to school because the other girls would attack me.

As an outsider, I understood why they did so. Those females were jealous of Mei's beauty and constantly tormented her to make her not dare to raise her face. As Mei had grown in places a woman would do it had triggered the more vicious tendencies of the females and one in particular seemed to have made her guards beat Mei to death. That's why I was able to take over this body.

Apparently that young girl's name was Yunji Sakara and was one of the top officials only daughter. She'd had her sights on one of the young men in our class and apparently he'd shown some attention for Mei. It triggered the jealousy in Sakara and she'd tried to kill me.

Don't worry Mei, she'll definitely wish she were dead after I'm finished with her. Since you're dead, rest well. I will take care of your family from now on.

"Mother, I'm doing better. Just a bit of pain, nothing more," I smiled and could feel my cheeks concave from the dimples. Although I was beaten, it seemed that the guards had refrained from beating my face. Maybe out of regret for the beauty dying underneath their hands. My ribs were cracked in several places and half my body was wrapped up.