Chapter 20

Mei lead the way towards her courtyard's training area. It was more like an unused garden that had been left to its own devices but had been commandeered by her. Senri and a few of the other servants had cleaned the place in order for there to be room for training. During the clean up they'd acquired a large amount of Star Grass. 

Mei had emptied the chest that laid at the end of her bed and placed the supply of medicinal plants inside. She'd need to get a storage space to store away the large amount of medicinal plants that she was finding. Of course no one believed that the Star Grass was worth anything or even useful.

"Mistress Yang, what sort of training were you speaking of," questioned Kai from behind her. Mei turned around to face him once she reached the middle of the yard. Thankfully one of the servants had set up a large covering that blocked about eighty percent of the yard from the rain. 

A few guards were standing near the entrance and occasionally glanced inside to take a few passing glances of their young miss's countenance. Ignoring the rain that continued to get into their eyes, they nearly had heart attacks when they noticed the clothing she wore. Of course they wouldn't say anything since she was one of their Masters.

"From my observations of the way of Cultivation, I've noticed the reason why so many have difficulty in it. Have you noticed that when looking for strong Cultivators, most would list those in High positions?"

Kai thought over her words and realized that it did make sense. There was a listing of top rankers within their City and at the top was the Crown Prince within the younger generation. He nodded his head in agreement. At some point both he and Senri took up seats on two woven training mats. 

"Since I've got both of your attention, I'll begin by breaking it down," Mei grabbed a chair and sat on it criss cross applesauce with her elbow on her thigh and her face leaning on her closed hand, "Everyone's bodies have impurities that have soaked into your organs, bones, and blood. These are from the air we breathe as well as the food and liquid we ingest. Once you reach a certain point in Cultivation you will gain an 'immortal' body. You won't be immortal but it will allow you to go long months to even years without sustenance. At that point it will naturally soak up qi to provide a 'food source' for you.

The reason that you will find stronger Cultivators inside of wealthy households is because of the food they are eating. They have the money to buy produce and meat that has the least amounts of impurities within. What I plan for you to do, before training in your element, is to purge your body of most of the impurities. I'll help you until your body begins to adjust."

Mei paused and looked at the new clothes he was wearing and couldn't help but to say, "It would be best if you were to strip down to the least amount of clothing. The process will push out the impurities and there is a high chance that you'll be soaked in blood as well. Both Senri and I have gone through this and blood is a major factor in this process."

Kai widened his eyes in shock. Not at the blood comment but at the fact that Mei was telling him to strip almost completely naked in front of both her and Senri. I've already been compromised so many times today in front of women... why am I surprised by this? This is all to get stronger. I can do this. 

He nodded cliply and begun to undress in a jerky fashion which Mei raised an eyebrow at but didn't comment. She stood up and walked towards the weights as well as the bucket filled with water and Star Grass. It was easy for her to carry these weights now but if it had been before she'd gone through the vigorous torture she would've been unable to even lift them. 

Once she reached Kai she set the items down in front of him. Kai bent over to pick them up but was shocked when he attempted to lift them and realized he had to use both hands as opposed to Mei's one. 

Mei used Euphoria and cupped some of the water before guiding it towards the wound on Kai's head. He was preoccupied with the weights and his shock at the moment so it had stunned him when he felt the cool feeling cover the back of his head and the slow knitting of his skin. His eyes traveled away from the weights and clashed with Mei's vivid silver eyes. 

"I told you previously that I'd heal the wound before we began. It wouldn't matter though since you'll gain more wounds during this training session. No need to worry though. I can heal you perfectly well."

"You've got healing magic?"

Kai was honestly shocked. Healing was a very difficult skill to cultivate and there was a high chance that not a single person within this City had it. Sure, there were those who studied medicine and alchemy but the ability to heal an open wound within seconds as she had done is hardly ever seen. 

"Mmm.. something like that," she commented noncommittally. 

"First, in order to prepare yourself well, begin to stretch your body."

After saying that Mei begun to show Kai numerous positions and actions to take to make his body more limber. It was rather strange to see such a stocky man doing stretches that normally would be reserved for females but Mei didn't comment on it and Senri didn't know any better. As long as the body was properly stretched, the end justifies the means. 

"Now for the difficult part. We will begin with the lightest weight that you can carry.. doubled. After strapping that amount to your body you will run circuits. No matter what, don't stop. Proceed even if you feel that you're about to drop. Your body has a block that needs you to push to overcome and breakthrough. Breaking bones is a given so don't let it frighten you. I can heal you no matter what."

Mei hadn't run when she was training but that was because she was a dainty female and it didn't take as much to breakthrough as opposed to Kai who had a healthy amount of muscles. Kai glanced down at the weights at his feet and couldn't help the cold sweat that had begun to drip down his forehead and back. 

Merely one of those weights was already almost double of what he could carry and there were six of them in front of him. What in the world are these things made out of?

"Senri, you may begin with your own training. I don't think you need my help," she glanced at Senri who slowly pulled himself up from his seating position and begun to trudge his way towards an already prepared weight 'suit' that he had previously been using. 

Mei turned her attention back to Kai and gave him a smirk that sent chills down his spine. That smirk was one that promised a lot of pain to the receiver. She took a step towards the nearly naked Kai and bent over to pick up one of the weights and a couple of straps that would hold it to his back. It wasn't attractive nor was it comfortable but it would hold it in place. 

Her hand slid over his lightly tanned chest before she wrapped the straps around his shoulders and under his arms before she walked behind him. 

"Steady yourself. Don't allow yourself to fall with this on, otherwise it'll be almost impossible to regain your feet," after saying that she put the weight into the cloth at his back. If she hadn't told him to steady himself he might've tipped over. Luckily he had prepared and at first signs of her releasing the weight onto him, had leaned forward. 

The weight was trying to drag him backwards but he was leaning forward and it set a sort of equilibrium. He gritted his teeth as the weight felt like it was tearing the tendons in his shoulders. Kai really wished he could ask how the hell he was supposed to run with this damn thing on but it was difficult to even open his mouth, let alone speak. 

Kai wished he could cry but had no tears. 

Senri watched from the sidelines.. This poor young master now understands this lowly ones suffering. Mei glanced over to Senri and he hurried to throw on his own torture device before she added more to his suffering. Ah, young Miss, please keep your attention on your new victim! 

A/N: Another release for my Readers. I've been a pretty bad Author to you lot when it comes to this Novel. Unfortunately, I did put up that this has Very slow Updates. I won't always be releasing Chapters like this back to back that I've been doing. Hopefully this has made up for the slow releases a bit. Hope you enjoyed.