Chapter 22

Dongmei brought her Husband away and Senri slumped a bit, nearly dropping the tea in his hand. He was currently wearing a robe over the weights that he'd had on previously and so it took more energy to make his movements look smooth for the Master of the Household.

"Father is strange," Mei mumbled before getting up and walking towards the pile of wood with Kai hidden behind. 

Kai was covered in sweat and the medicine wasn't working as fast as it would've had Mei used Euphoria. She immediately utilized her soul power to mix with the medicine in order to heal him faster. Mei was very efficient and had already reset the broken bones before healing. 

Afterwards, Kai immediately went back to the strenuous 'workout'. He'd noticed how much his body was improving by the constant breaks, so he put his trust into his new Mistress' words. 

Once it reached around 5 p.m. by Mei's calculations of the Sun's position in the sky, she made both the men stop their practice. She remembered that they had a hot spring in one of the remote courtyards. It had stopped working a while back and the yard was a mess, however she knew that there was a way to get it functioning again. 

Although this Household had a Hot Spring, it wasn't popular because of how small it was in comparison to others as well as the position. Since they were so close to the outer limits of the City, most nobles disregarded it. 

The reason why a Hot Spring would be so appealing is due in part with this world's biological makeup. Many of the minerals were very good for Cultivating and Hot Springs held 'bursts' of such Cultivating Qi Minerals. Unfortunately, they didn't realize just how good these 'Hot Springs' were. Technically they could be considered Medicinal Bathing Springs. 

In Mei's old world there weren't naturally occuring Medicinal Bathing Springs but 'manmade'. These Springs were well sought after and only select few with high standing ever got the pleasure of basking in their waters. 

"Remove the weights. We will be going to the Hot Spring," Mei offhandedly mentioned before drawing her attention to Kai and saying, "You have gotten to a profficient point where I will now teach you how wrong you were in thinking Water is weak. I will be joining you in the Spring." 

She turned to Senri before Kai could object, "Bring him with you when you've both removed all the weights."

Without a backward glance, she begun to move towards the unused courtyard. A few maids followed behind her wondering why she'd go there when it has been dead for so long. 

Mei turned to look back at them, "Wait outside for Senri and Kai. One of you please return and bring 3 washing robes; two female and one male."

They both inclined their heads in acknowledgment before going about their tasks. Thankfully the rain had stopped about 2 hours ago; so although the ground was still wet it wasn't difficult to see. 

Mei stepped into the Courtyard and frowned. She knew that it hadn't been used in many years but this was just awful. After the Hot Spring had stopped working none of the servants wanted to take care of it because it was never entered. 

She sighed before smacking her hands together with eyes shut. The black Qi within her body had been merging with her Strengthening Qi since she first began and was now at about 10% complete. Although this didn't sound like much, that was double the strength of her Qi alone. In battles she'd be able to injure those up to 2 levels above her own. Now she used that joined Qi to utilize one of the Skills she had already used. 

[Shadow Cut]

This skill doesn't use Qi to release its full power, however since she has blended both the Strengthening and Cultivating Qi it has mutated somewhat.