Chapter 3

A/N: This is the completed chapter that I went back to edit and add. For those that are reading this for the first time just ignore my previous sentence. Although I'm not invested in this story, I'm still rather happy with the way things are going. I actually really love this one but I really want to finish my other book first. Sigh~

Mei's eyes opened and pushed her blood and sweat soaked pink foamy hair from her face. Mmm? This hair is really cute soaked in blood. Ah~

She twirled the strands around her bloody hand and a smile broke out on her face as she turned to look at Senri.

"Hmm? Senri, do you want to cultivate like me?"

It was the first time she noticed that although he was rather girly his constitution was rather high. His body was almost as good as this one.

"Miss, this servant doesn't dare to use Miss's cultivation techniques."

Mei began soaking her body with the Star Gaze liquid. She didn't need to go into Euphoria for these superficial wounds especially after her body unconciously learned to absorb the healing medicine without her help.

"I'll need a bodyguard and someone to be my partner for a lot of things, Senri. I only trust you with such tasks. In order for me to rely on you though, you'll need to cultivate stronger."

Senri's heart moved at the mention of his Miss trusting him. A strong blush took up residence on his feminine face.

"Oh Oh! Senri, stop it! You're so cute," Mei pinched both of his cheeks, smearing her blood on him in the process.

Her head tilted to the side before smoothing her hand down his face to his neck. Blood coated the entire right side of Senri's face giving him a morbid beauty.

"Senri, work on giving your eyes a more enchanting dangerous look. You'd look really good covered in blood like this," Mei said slightly breathy. She fanned her face in a dramatic manner before smiling at him and going into her room.

While she was thinking about how to go to the Mercenary shop, Senri was still standing there with a wide eyed look and heavy blush. His hand reached up to touch his Miss's blood on his face and heat flooded in the depths of his eye. The hand covered in her blood was clenched as he set a firm resolve.

This is probably the worst or best decision he made his entire life. One that decided his future.

~Later~

"Sigh~ Senri, you're telling me that it'll cost ten gold coins just to sign up to become an Assassin at the Mercenary shop? What is this? Robbery! They want the people who are doing all the work to actually pay to work? What logic!? Simply reaping all the benefits."

"Miss, it seems that they do this in order to screen out anyone who isn't serious about working or don't plan on holding secrets of their business. If someone were to join and gain access to the lists of Hits, Rewards, and Sponsors it would be difficult to continue their business. Depending on your Assassin rank you'll be able to view different information for the Hit you accept."

Why is this Assassin organization such a pain in the ass? Well, I understand the need for privacy considering that back in my world our Organization was completely underground as opposed to this slightly above board place..

"Since there's no way around this we'll have to accept jobs as a Silver Mercenary to get money. Plus it doesn't hurt that it'll help with strengthening our bodies." (Mercenary's are divided into three categories, Silver for hunting Magical beasts, Green for retrieving medicinal plants, and Black for Assassins but the Assassin's usually don't broadcast that they're Assassin's by wearing them. . For obvious reasons >.>)