CHAPTER TEN

Unedited 💓

Tilly

The Larsson Sunday family breakfast is a riot. All Levi's brothers and sisters are home with their partners, while the chef cooks up a storm in the kitchen. And, I was lucky enough to be apart of it. Their warming energy making me feel at home. I sit back in my chair, absorbing all the happy madness. I can't get enough as the men rib each other, the women gossiping and giggling amongst them.

I nibble on my piece of granary toast while Edward's partner, Delilah, tells us about Beau's first swimming class.

"Oh, you should have heard him squeal. It's like he suddenly found his voice. Edward was shouting at me to get him out. But, Beau had other ideas when he started to splash, grinning up at me as he did it," she says, leaning back in her chair. "Ed?"

Edward glances over, Beau in his arms. "Yeah?"

Delilah holds her hand out. "Can I have your phone? I want to show the girls Beau at the pool the other day."

"Sure," he reaches into his back pocket, walking our way. Leaning down to give her the phone. "Here you go."

Beau scrunches Edward's jumper in his hands and then starts to beat his shoulder with his tiny fists. I watch as Edward angles his face down to his son, pulling an expression that has Beau smiling for England. It's then that I see he's all his dad. I see Delilah too, in his eyes and silky brown hair. But, that smile?

Boy is he going to break some hearts.

"Beau, don't beat daddy up," Delilah says, seeming to love every minute of it.

"I'm rather enjoying it myself," Laine says, munching on her smoked salmon, feeding the scrambled eggs on the tiny plate beside her to George who sits on her lap.

Beau stops what he's doing, staring at Edward. "Baaaaaaah!"

"Christ, bro, he's telling you," Noah laughs, joining us all through the entrance. I don't see Bailey follow.

"Noah," Selma floats over, looking gorgeous in her silk dressing gown and slippers. "Come and get some food before it all goes. Is Bailey staying at the house this morning?"

Noah grabs the plate Selma shoves in his direction. "Yeah, she's sleeping."

Her expression tightens. "I'll make her a plate. She might feel hungry later."

I feel a smile tugging at my lips when he leans in to press a kiss on the top of her head. "That'll be nice. We've not eaten a great deal over these past few days."

"It's been tough," Selma responds and I want to go over and give him a big hug.

The poor guy looks drained.

Tilly...

Hey, Tilly...

"Tilly?"

I jolt when Laine puts her hand on my shoulder, my cheeks flushing when I realise she's said my name a few times. "I'm sorry," I wipe my mouth, in case of any crumbs. "I'm in a world of my own."

Laine smiles. "No bother. I was just asking about your job. What is it that you do?"

I feel my cheeks flush when I realise that I'm going to have to tell her about my pathetic excuse for a career. Or lack of more like. "Oh, this and that. I do a bit of everything."