CHAPTER FORTY

Tilly

It's dark and I'm half-asleep when I sense someone is beside my bed. My eyes open to see Levi kneeling at my face, fingers smoothing across my cheek. I'm awake in an instant, reaching out for him. Levi grabs hold of the back of my head and pulls me in for a kiss that's sharp and desperate as we whisper each other's names.

"You're here," I croak, closing my eyes to breathe him in.

Levi lets go of my lips and moves his face to flutter kisses all over my neck. "Tilly," he says, quiet enough so we don't disturb Kaitlyn.

"Come inside the bed," I say, scooting along the mattress.

"I can't," he gives out a low chuckle and presses his lips over my top lip. "They only let me sneak up here as a favour to Melissa. We'll book you some time out tomorrow and I'll see you properly then."

I go in for another kiss, not able to get enough of him. "Where are you staying?"

Levi smiles over my mouth and chuckles as we both act like a pair of teenagers. "Dylan was kind enough to let me stay over at his house. He's waiting for me downstairs."

I lift my arm out from under the cover and smooth back his hair from his face. "You must be exhausted from your flight."

"I am, but I don't care. I'm here with you. It's all that matters."

"I've been a wreck without you," I say, knowing I'm on the verge of tears. I just want to grab hold of him and never let go.

Levi rubs my hand that's still resting on his cheek. "I'm here now and I'm not going. Ever, okay?"

I smile. "Okay."

"I need to go before the security guard comes up and tells me to get lost. I love you, sweetheart. I'll see you in the morning."

I feel like following after him, but I know it'll only get me in trouble and I can't afford to lose my place here. So, I pull him in for another kiss and bury my nose in his neck when he cuddles me.

"Love you, Lee."

Levi climbs up to his feet and creeps out of the room, stopping to blow me a kiss when he reaches the doorway. It's so surreal to have him here that I wonder if I'm dreaming. But, I can smell him and in my dreams I always found myself wishing I could when it was impossible to.

It settles down and I try to close my eyes to get some sleep when Kaitlyn says something that has me laughing out loud.

"Nice ass!"

I snort. "I thought you were sleeping."

"No, I'm playing Candy crush under the covers," she responds, lifting her phone in the air as proof.

I shake my head and settle the covers close to my face. "How could you see his arse in the dark anyway?"

The room goes pitch black when she gets rid of her phone. "There's light coming in from the hallway, duh. I have twenty-twenty vision when a hot guy is involved."

I don't say a word, but my giggles must ring out all the way downstairs.

Levi is waiting for me in the reception area the next morning. I scribble my name on the signing out book and grab my bag. They are letting me stay over at Dylan's house for a few days and I couldn't be more excited.