CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Tilly

It takes me a few seconds to shake myself out of the shock. My brain not able to coordinate the pictures in front of me, legs feeling like they're stuck in cement. It's all a bit too much for me to handle.

Levi is on the floor with me, speaking in my ear, asking if I'm okay. I don't answer him. I can't do anything while Annabelle is cuddled up in Dylan's arms, scared of me.

"Take her away," Dylan says to the woman my baby girl calls mommy, and she does, letting her wrap her arms and legs around her neck and waist.

"No," I croak, shoving Levi's hands away from my body, needing to know my daughter isn't frightened of me. "No, don't take her away."

"Tilly," Dylan warns me, voice low and firm.

I sink back on to my knees when Annabelle starts to cry, probably freaked out by the situation. Every bone in my body gripes in agony at the sound of her tears. All I want is to hold her close. Be there for her.

"Sweetheart," Levi's soft voice whispers to me. "You look so pale. Are you all right?"

My body sinks into his embrace, my lips searching for his pulse point. "Why are you here with them?"

The sound of cracking bones next to me makes me turn to the left, Dylan's sad face staring back at me. "Tilly..."

"Don't," my bottom lip wobbles, teeth bearing down on it. "Leave me alone."

"It's not Levi's fault. I came here unannounced."

"Why did you bring her here? Do you realise how much that hurts me? To know she's close but not close enough. Do you hate me that much, Dylan?" I say, eyes misting over.

Dylan inches closer. "I didn't expect for Melissa to bring her along. I'm sorry."

I notice that he doesn't deny hating me.

It hits me harder than I want it to do.

"You're so cruel to me," I whisper, needing Levi's touch more than ever.

Dylan looks down, not seeming to know how to reply.

Levi strokes his fingers up and down my arm. "Come on, let's get you up from the floor."

Edward asks, "Do you want some water?"

I no longer feel like jelly so I shake my head no. "I'm okay, thank you."

Dylan speaks up. "Tilly, you don't look well," he breaks off and then says, "You're not using again are you?"

My entire body catches flame as the anger races through my veins. I snap my neck up to look at him. "How dare you. No, I'm not using. I haven't touched a thing in months."

"I only ask because I'm concerned," he says.

I narrow my eyes. "Liar. You can't wait for me to mess up."

"No," he narrows his eyes too. "I care about you and your health, Tilly. You are the mother of my child for fuck sake."

"Oh?" I laugh and it sounds nasty. "You're admitting that Annabelle is mine today, are you?"

The apples of his cheeks darken into a blushed red. "Don't be difficult."

Ignoring him, I glance up at Levi. "I might need that water after all."

Edward jumps to his feet. "I'm on it."

I climb up and on to my feet, walking towards the chairs to sit down, needing a break from it all. "Leave, Dylan. Just go."