Chapter 7.

Chapter 7.

'Is she okay?'

'I don't know check her pulse.'

I felt someone touching my wrist.

'She's not dead.' The voice said relieved.

'Good try to wake her up.'

Someone kneeled down and tried to wake me up. I slowly opened my eyes and noticed myself laying on the floor in a basement. Memories, from what seemed last night, were repeating in my head.

'She's awake.' Someone said.

I tried to sit down but my head ache was too bad. 'It's okay, i got you.' the voice said. 'Can you tell us what happened?' 'Am i still at the cafe?' i asked in a quiet voice. 'yes, so you know you were here?' the man asked confused. I nodded.

'Let us take you out here first and get you some food.' I was getting picked up over a shoulder and after like 5 minutes we were finally out of the basement. The young man placed me on a couch and the other one came back with a drink and a sandwich. I was starving.

After i told them a story i just made up they let me go. I just told them someone threw me in the basement and i didn't knew or saw who it was.

'Christina where were you?!' Allison asked worried when i came in. 'I.. Uh, ended up at a friend's house last night and decided to sleep there. My phone had died so i couldn't call you.' I lied. 'Okay good because i was really worried, don't let this happen again.' She said. 'It won't, i promise.' I walked upstairs to, what's now, my bedroom and lay down on my bed.

'Did you see Orlando last night?' Miranda asked. I just ignored her and inhaled my cigarette. 'Are you going to talk or what?' Lara said. I wasn't in the mood for anything today. I have fucking 7 days to fix that money or else i'm dead.. I sighed and stood up. 'Listen girls, not today. Talk to you later.' They stared at me and i went inside.

'Hey Christi, what's up with you today?' Chris asked. 'Nothing i'm going home, see ya.' I grabbed my stuff and walked past him. Sometimes i feel bad for him. He just wants to help i guess. No i don't need his help.

Forget it.

'Allison, Gerald? Are you home?' I didn't get an answer. So that means i'm home alone.

I went to my room and changed into some jogging pants. My clothes were everywhere on the floor. Yea i know it's my second day in this house, i'm a mess. I quickly threw the clothes by the other laundry. I did my hair in a messy bun and went back downstairs.

My back still hurts from last night. Those two guys who found me this morning wanted to call the police, but i told them not to. The police is always causing trouble. Even if you aren't responsible for anything. And despites, i don't want anyone to know about what Orlando said.

I sat on the couch eating Ben&Jerry and zapping through some channels. This house was actually really chill. It was big, it even has it's own swimming pool in the backyard and there was a big living room with a flatscreen TV. The bell rang and i jumped up. Am i expecting someone?

I looked through the peephole but didn't see anyone. I opened the door and looked outside, when i turned my head to the left i saw Chris standing with his back towards the house. 'Chris?' He looked at me. 'Hey Christina.' 'What are you doing here?' I asked confused. 'You didn't seem alright today so i decided to check up on you.' He walked over to me. My stomach was filled with butterflies when i looked into his eyes. I don't know why he makes me feel like this, i've never felt this way before.

Anyways.

'Oh.. Well that's not necessary, you can go now.' I said but immediately regretted it. I actually want him to stay but there's no way i'm going to admit that.

'Christina, why do you..' 'Bye Chris.' I interrupted him. I wanted to close the door but he stopped me. 'Damn it Christi.' He came in and closed the door behind me.

'Why do you always have to be so mean to me?' He asked in a soft tone. I stared at him and then at the ground. 'I-i'm not..' 'Yes you are.' He said. A bad feeling rushed through my body. It hurts to make other people feel bad or unwanted but that's how i've always felt. When i try to be nice to someone, there's something inside me that tells me not to. I'm not used to kind people. Actually i'm a bitch.

He walked over to me. I was silent for too long. 'I know why.' He said. I looked up at him. 'What do you mean?' 'I know why you're acting like this, because i know you're not the girl you think you are.' 'Then tell me huh? Who am i?' I glared at him. What the hell, he knows exactly nothing.

'Just think about it.' He winked at me and walked back to the door. 'Don't..' I was shocked by my own action. I tried to stop him. He turned around and frowned. 'Were you just telling me not to leave?' He asked with a cheeky smile. 'I, uhm, yea maybe.' I admitted and tried to avoid his stare. 'Don't worry i'd love to stay.' He said with a smile.

Well, that's the first time i've heard someone saying that. Normally people would be happy if they can finally leave me. Even Miranda and Lara.

'Good.' I said and smiled back. I mentioned him to follow me to the living room. 'Do you want something to drink?' I asked him. 'No it's fine thanks.' He said and i went to sit next to him.

'So uh, how did you find me?'

'Lara told me you live here now.' He answered.

Right.. Who else.

My mouth formed in an O shape and i nodded.

'Chris. Can i tell you something?' I asked. He looked at me and grabbed my hand. 'Of course, you can tell me anything.' I looked at our hands. They fitted perfectly with each other. I blushed a little. 'But first i wanna ask you something.' I said. He nodded.

'Why do you care about me?' His eyes met mine. 'Because you're different. You're beautiful, independent and there's a side of you that's so innocent. I can see and feel when something's up with you.' He said. I couldn't believe what i heard. I stared at him. 'I like you.' He admitted.

What.

No.

The son of the freaking president likes me.

I've been nothing but a bitch to him.

I suddenly felt a little girl who's in love again. I actually like him too but i don't know how to admit it. I really want him in my life. I need someone in my life who cares. I hate being alone, even if no one sees it. It's true.

I looked into his eyes. I was speechless. 'I-i'm sorry, i guess i said it too soon.' He said and he let go of my hand.

'No, no Chris. It's uh..' I looked away. 'I like you too.' I whispered.

Jup, i said it.

'You do?' He grabbed both of my hands and i looked back at him. I nodded. He smiled and hugged me. 'Just know that i care, and that i'll always be there for you. No matter what.' I nodded in his chest. 'Thank you.'

For the first time in my life i felt safe.

For the first time in my life i felt what love is like.

And for the first time in my life i am in love.