Chapter 11.

Chapter 11.

I grabbed the box and went downstairs. There was a container at the end of the street so i decided to throw that crap away. I grabbed a lucifer and lit it on. I threw it in the container and everything burned. Wish i could do that to him.

When i walked back into the house i saw Gerald staring at me. 'What's wrong?' I asked. 'Why did you go so far to throw that box away?' 'Oh, i feel like i needed to.. Because uhm.. Because it was a box, you know and it's too big to throw it by the trash in the kitchen.' I pulled my lips into my mouth. Why am i being so stupid right now?

'O..kay.' He said not sure if he should believe me or not. 'What was in it anyways?' He asked still a little suspicious. 'Well, a good friend of mine from school sent me a beautiful jewelry box. It was real porcelain so that's why it was so heavy.' Wow, what a great lie. 'Well that's sweet.' He said smiling. 'I sighed in relief and wanted to walk away. 'Oh, Allison will arrive soon. She will stop by a takeaway to get some food for dinner.' Gerald added and then walked back to his office.

I grabbed a bottle of water and a bag of chips and decided to watch a movie in my room. I like spending time alone sometimes.

2 days later..

'Christina Smiths everybody, give her a great applause!'

The music softly reduced through the speakers and i felt my heartbeat bumping slower with the bass. Everyone was cheering and clapping.

I walked off the stage. My forehead was sweating and someone backstage handed me a towel and a bottle of water.

'You did great Christi!' Sadi said and hugged me. 'Thanks, my nerves were freaking killing me and with all those people staring at me..' I shivered when i thought about it. Can't believe i really did this.

'Well, whatever you say or felt i thought you did great and i didn't noticed you were nervous.' She winked at me. 'Do you think i'm going to win?' 'Let's hope so girl. Thumps up!' I smiled at her. I've never been so nervous before. Tomorrow i'll have to pay Orlando so if i win this i have nothing to worry about.. But if not.. I'm screwed.

'Thank you everyone for coming tonight.' The presenter said. 'There were a lot of amazing singers and vocal talents tonight. We will announce the winners in two minutes!'

'Come on, i just need to win the first place.'

'Please lord, please!'

I whispered to myself. Every second that goes by my nerves were killing me even more. The countdown above the stage was ticking and ticking. I'm a couple seconds away from the truth, reality, my last chance and my last day of life.

10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1 !

Everyone cheered!

'We will now announce the winners of tonight.'

'The amazing young talent that ended on the second place and is going home with $10.000 dollars tonight is...'

'Adriana Cumanez!'

Everyone started clapping when Adriana walked on stage. They hugged each other and then he gave her the cheque.

Okay this is it.. One answer away from death..

'This girl was really amazing tonight. She had beautiful vocal skills and her voice made everyone shiver. So.. The first place is going to...' Everyone was silent. 'Give a huge applause for this amazing talent..'

......