Chapter 10.

Chapter 10.

It was 2.45 PM and got myself a Starbucks coffee. Which i really needed. 'That will be $4,95 dollars please.' I paid with a 5 dollar bill. 'Keep the change.' 'Thank you, have a nice day.' I sat down in the corner of the coffee shop and looked outside the window. 4 days, 20.000 dollars, 4 days, 20.000 dollars, 4 days, 20.000 dollars. It kept repeating in my head that it made me wanna kill myself. I'm literally broke as fuck. I maybe have still 30 dollars left but that's nothing comparing it with 20.000..

I received a text message. It was from Chris.

'Did you already open the envelope?

- Chris.'

Why does he want me to open the envelope.. And what's in it anyway? I sighed when i saw it was already 3.30.. Where did the time go?

I walked out of the Starbucks coffee shop and immediately noticed a poster on a wall.

'Sing contest in already two days. Do you have THE voice and do you want to share it with the world? Hurry because full is full. Price, 1st place; $25.000. 2nd place, $10.000. You don't wanna miss this. Call for more info. Number below.'

Oh my g.. I don't like to sing for others but this will save my life. I immediately called the number that was on the poster.

'Hello?'

'Yea i want to be a part of the singing contest.'

'I'm 17.'

'Do i have to bring an adult?'

'Oo..kay .. yea .. alright.'

'Bye.'

Right, an adult.. And both of my parents are in jail. Hi i'm Christina and my parents are in jail because of drugs dealing and alcohol addiction.

My life..

I decided to call Sadi. She's after all my sing coach so she will absolutely help me win this contest. But she doesn't have to know where i need the money for.

--

'Hi Gerald.' I greeted as i walked into the house. 'Hi Christina, how are you?' 'I'm fine thank you. Is Allison not home yet?' 'No but she will probably be here soon.' He smiled. 'Okay, i'll be in my room.' 'Okay.' He turned his attention back to the newspaper and i walked upstairs. When i was in the train on my way home i called Sadi about the contest thing. She was so excited that she screamed through the phone. So uh, it means that was a yes.

I opened my closet and grabbed some pajamas. It is 6 PM and i really don't wanna leave the house anymore. When i grabbed a vest I saw the envelope Chris gave me. It's probably some love letter with a necklace in it and a note that says; will you be my girlfriend? No, that's not what i need right now. After i've handled this crap i'll be able to start my life over. I will be 18 and i will move away from here and never come back.

Yes. That's what i want.

The bell rang and i heard Gerald open the door. It was the delivery man from what i've heard so far.

'It's a package for the name, Christina Smiths.' 'Uh yea, she lives here.' I heard Gerald say.

A package for me?

'It's a little heavy sir, be careful.' The delivery man placed, from what it seems the box, in the hall. The man wished Gerald a good day and then he left.

'Christina! It's a package for you.' Gerald said down the stairs. 'Coming.'

I went downstairs and saw a box in the corner. I opened it and it revealed a stone, a rope and a knife. There was a letter in it.

'Been thinking about how i should kill you. You can choose pretty girl. See you soon. - O.'

I took a step backwards and fell on the floor. 'Christi, is everything alright?' Gerald asked from the living room. 'Yea, don't worry.' My voice cracked. I grabbed the box and ran upstairs. I threw the stuff on the floor and broke down on my bed.

How could he do this to me? How could my dad not care about this? But first and most important question of all; why do they involve ME in this?

There's one thing i know and that's that i have to win that contest. Or else my life is over.