Chapter 16.

Chapter 16.

'Can I ask you why my parents aren't here?' I asked Chris. He looked at me and then looked in front of him again. 'It's a long story Christina. But they're ok.' I knew something was going on but I didn't you know what exactly. 'Hmm okay. But uhm, why are you doing all this for me?' I saw him smiling. 'Wow where did that smile come from?' I started laughing. ' we confessed that we liked each other a day before this happened.' My eyes widened. 'Omg are you serious?' 'You don't like me anymore, do you?' He asked. 'Well of course I like you. You're being nice to me.' 'Yea but that's not the same.' I looked at him and grabbed his hand. 'It's going to be alright.' I promised. He smiled and pecked my cheek.

'...the body was found in a lake nearby 24th avenue. They diagnosed the body as the 20 year old Orlando Brittain...' When they showed the picture of the person, my heart sunk. That was the guy.. The guy I've been having nightmares about. Why is he dead? And why was I seeing his face everytime? I became dizzy and soon my sight turned black.

I felt someone waking me up from what seemed a nap of five days. 'Christina, you passed out. What happened?' Chris asked. When I tried to stand up, my back hurted like hell. 'I don't know, you tell me.' I held my head because of the pain. 'Here drink some water.' 'Everything alright in here?' Mrs. Henderson came in. 'Yes mom, everything's fine.' Chris reassured. 'Ok, should I ask Tamara to make you two some food?' Chris looked at me. 'Do you want something to eat?' I nodded. 'Ok, I will call her right away.' She winked at us and then closed the door.

--

I was walking nearby the water. The weather was beautiful today. The wind blew through my hair and couples were walking down the beach. I was just thinking. I don't understand why I can't remember anything or anyone. Why did I forgot about everyone except that boy, Orlando Brittain? I closed my eyes and flashbacks shot through my mind. I was seeing Orlando again. He looked acared and had his hands up in defense. I remember someone yelling my name. Wait..

CHRIS!

My eyes shot open and I shook my head. How can I've missed that part. I have to talk to Christopher, I can't take this anymore.

'Hey Christi, are you back so soon?' Chris asked. I nodded an walked past him into the living room. 'We need to talk.' 'Okay? What's going on?'

'Who is Orlando?' Chris' eyes widened. 'Why do you ask?' 'Can you sit down please.' I said to him. He did as I said and I stood in front of him. He looked up so our eyes met. 'I keep having flashbacks about him. Everytime I see his face he looks so scared and..' I took a deep breath. 'And since I saw the news of him being murdered everything becomes a blur. It can't be possible I am a part of this right?!' Chris didn't say anything and just looked at me. 'Oh and you are in my flashbacks too. You were yelling my name.'

Chris stood up. 'Now I want you to listen to me. I also don't know what exaclty happened but I only know what I saw.' He said. I looked at him and foldes my arms. 'Well then, what did you saw?'

'You killed Orlando.'